Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's been hit captain!

So waiting at a traffic light, the car in front of me decided they wanted to be in the left turn lane (which was full of cars)... So he put it in reverse and "front ended me"... (New term I made)

When filling out the info on the insurance website, they did not have this no fault scenario at the ready.

It will all work out and nobody was hurt.

The reason I am writing this is if it happens to you, use caution as the Ascent hides front end damage very well. At first glance it looked like nothing happened except for the horrible bang and crunch sound I heard inside the vehicle. The other driver attempted to talk me into thinking all was good.

The chrome grill surround is loose and not just clips (all cracked inside). The Styrofoam insert between the bumper and the front skirting was falling out. The front end was smushed in, but very difficult to see at first.

So, if hit and all looks good, still get insurance card and have it checked.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Keep very close tabs on the reported claims!! Talk to your insurance ASAP make sure they know they backed into you! These have a very odd way of being turned in to
A rear ender claim by the offending driver.

All modern cars with plastic bumper covers hid damage very easy to have bent metal
And broken costly bits behind the plastic bumper cap. Good luck hopefully speedy fix.

·
Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Did you have a dash cam by any chance? You never know what story the other party will tell their insurance so the dash cam is a great defense toward getting your deductible back especially here in VA. Here, if you’re found to potentially even share 1% of the blame for the accident, then each party’s own insurance pays for their clients vehicle and you lose your deductible. Learned this the hard way once, luckily the deductible was only $100, then I got my dash cam and it paid for itself more than 10-fold since!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Luckily the other party was honest. His insurance says they are fitting the bill... Now working with a chosen body shop rather than a direct billing shop for the insurance company. I want to make sure the car is like new and am using the shop my local dealership uses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts