Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am still waiting for my July delivery, it’s mid August! I have a VIN which is nice and my car was scheduled for delivery to the dealership yesterday, scheduled pick up date tomorrow. Well it wasn’t delivered and they have no clue where the car is. Subaru doesn’t know, the dealership doesn’t know. The truck came in as scheduled but my car was not on the trailer. How the heck can this happen? I feel so frustrated with this whole situation. Sure I know you all say it will be worth the wait, but the frustration up to this point has been very unsettling. Ugh, waiting and waiting!!! Wondering how the heck they can just not know where it is.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am in the same boat, ordered March 23rd still not car........

Check out the thread July push back crew kind of like therapy, also out of curiosity what did you order?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Misery loves company....we can cry together. July to 31 Aug, with a few dates in between. They know where car is, it probably still in Indiana going trough extra QA with the rest of ours. I have faith Subaru will make it up to us somehow.

Mine is a blue touring order Mar 23rd or 18th I really can’t remember, but I wrote the 18th on the google doc, but the 23rd sticks in my head.

·
Administrator
11,121 Posts
It's brutal waiting. I waited four months and twenty two days... I feel your pain.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My order is a Blue Touring. Ordered May 24th if I recall. Yes, misery does love company. Will definitely check if it was part of the recall. Ugh, I just want my car! What makes it worse is there is a Blue Touring on the lot near me, but my dealership said deposits are non-refundable. So not happy about this...they better throw in some extra accessories or something!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's brutal waiting. I waited four months and twenty two days... I feel your pain.
It isn’t so much the waiting it’s the broken delivery dates. If I order for a September allocation I’d have no issue waiting. But I didn’t. I order a July allocation so could have one quickly. That’s the hard pill to swallow....I’ve been waiting 5 months BTW

·
Registered
73 Posts
My order is a Blue Touring. Ordered May 24th if I recall. Yes, misery does love company. Will definitely check if it was part of the recall. Ugh, I just want my car! What makes it worse is there is a Blue Touring on the lot near me, but my dealership said deposits are non-refundable. So not happy about this...they better throw in some extra accessories or something!!!
I though all preorders were refundable I’m sorry.

·
Administrator
11,121 Posts
It isn’t so much the waiting it’s the broken delivery dates. If I order for a September allocation I’d have no issue waiting. But I didn’t. I order a July allocation so could have one quickly. That’s the hard pill to swallow....
I understand that part too. Mine was pushed back, pushed forward, then pushed back to something in-between the two days.

I’ve been waiting 5 months BTW
Wow, really? When did you order, and from where? (if you don't mind me asking)

·
Administrator
11,121 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
your dealership probably didn't have allocations for july
Exactly why I am curious who/where it was ordered from.
I order from a kings auto mall in Cincy Ohio. A large volume dealer, I made sure it was a July allocation and I had a July delivery date. However that’s gone.

I ordered 18 March according to the google spreadsheet we all filled out months ago. It’s close enough to 18 Aug.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
your dealership probably didn't have allocations for july
Exactly why I am curious who/where it was ordered from.
I specifically ordered from them cause they assured me it was a part of their July allocation. They were taking 8 preorders, mine was the 8th. In Alabama, Subaru is not exactly popular.

How no one can tell me where my car is, well that’s the most frustrating part. Feeling like customer service is non existent really!!!!

·
Administrator
11,121 Posts
I order from a kings auto mall in Cincy Ohio. A large volume dealer, I made sure it was a July allocation and I had a July delivery date. However that’s gone.

I ordered 18 March according to the google spreadsheet we all filled out months ago. It’s close enough to 18 Aug.
Yeah, five months is a painful wait. :sad:

Hoping it doesn't get pushed back again. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
73 Posts

Yeah, five months is a painful wait.

Hoping it doesn't get pushed back again. Keep us posted!
Yes it is, we all can’t have 4000 plus miles on our new ascent! ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm thinking there is a bigger issue than Subaru is letting on. I was supposed to receive my vehicle 2 weeks ago. I called SOA they said we don't have any records of it being here, so it must have shipped to your dealer, call them up. I called the dealer and they say, SOA isn't shipping any Ascents to us. All the vehicles have been released just not shipped, we're not sure why.

·
Administrator
11,121 Posts
I thought you had your vehicle already-how brutal-as least you driven one and know what it's all all about and you have this FORUM LOL
LOL, yes. I should have said "I *felt* your pain".

Seriously though, the lack of info sucks and doesn't help. :crying:

·
Registered
965 Posts
I specifically ordered from them cause they assured me it was a part of their July allocation. They were taking 8 preorders, mine was the 8th. In Alabama, Subaru is not exactly popular.

How no one can tell me where my car is, well that’s the most frustrating part. Feeling like customer service is non existent really!!!!
It probably was part of their July allocation.

I've a car that was part of my July allocation that's still sitting in Indiana.

Between the trailer hitch issues, the body weld scare (it's basically a non-issue now), and the supply issues they've had because the model mix that was ordered didn't even come close to the model mix they planned for, and the in general cautious nature of Subaru - there are cars showing up on our lot with 4 - 5 dot stickers on them from the number of after construction inspections they've been doing.

They're planning on this car being a part of our line-up for a LONG time. So it'll take a little while to get these bugs worked out. I know everyone has been waiting for months for these things. I've been right there with my customers. I personally have ordered more than the other 9 stores in our district combined. I've also been through this before, back when the Outback did the body style change. It was September, and we were ordering for February of the next year, simply because all of our allocations were full. They'll get this worked out, Subaru will end up getting the cars to the dealers, and chances are all those that are delayed will end up getting something unexpected by way of apology from Subaru. (They've sent out Dyson car vacs in the past.)

Also keep in mind that the actual official launch for the car isn't until NEXT month. We're having a big event, going to invite everyone, and we're giving away a bunch of swag that night.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts