Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm going to do the LP Adventure "stuff" - I'm liking what I am reading about them and I'm hoping their proximity to my area means more installers familiar with their products.

They have two distributors listed, "All Wheel Drive Auto" and "Drive Auto Sports" here in Washington. Anyone love another shop? I'm southeast of Seattle, not that I wouldn't drive for a great shop.

Thanks!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I wouldn't consider Quebec close to seattle...If you want a more local company, primitive out of Portland has both a lift and skid plates for the ascent.
I too was interested in LPs offerings, particularly their skid plates. I just didn't want their bumper guard and the extra $800 that go with it for skid plates. That's why I went the primitive route. They were a breeze to install as well. I just did that on Saturday. Search the forums for more info.

And btw, I too am SE of Seattle.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think I'm going to do the LP Adventure "stuff" - I'm liking what I am reading about them and I'm hoping their proximity to my area means more installers familiar with their products.

They have two distributors listed, "All Wheel Drive Auto" and "Drive Auto Sports" here in Washington. Anyone love another shop? I'm southeast of Seattle, not that I wouldn't drive for a great shop.

Thanks!
Check out the company called get primitive. I’ve seen those and the LP stuff and like there plates better. Not to mention they are cheaper.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I wouldn't consider Quebec close to seattle...If you want a more local company, primitive out of Portland has both a lift and skid plates for the ascent.
I too was interested in LPs offerings, particularly their skid plates. I just didn't want their bumper guard and the extra $800 that go with it for skid plates. That's why I went the primitive route. They were a breeze to install as well. I just did that on Saturday. Search the forums for more info.

And btw, I too am SE of Seattle.
I believe the bumper guard and skid plate(s) should go together. They detailed the reason why you need the bumper guard on their website. However, based on my observation, the bumper cover sits lower than the engine components (e.g. oil pan) and that's your first line of defense. Not to say that w/o the bumper guard, the skid plate wouldn't be effective. It should be effective, but by how much? Skid plates are really meant for SUVs, like 4Runner, w/ higher degrees of approach angle.

Overall I think their design is good, but only aimed at utility, not necessarily for look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts