Subaru Ascent Forum banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Administrator
200 Posts
I picked up a set yesterday.... My Michelin Defenders LTX M/S were down to ~5-6/32 (depending on measurement location) after 55k miles. And while I could have squeezed a few more 5-7k miles out of them. Spur of the moment trips to the fluffy white stuff would have been hindered though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Question for those, especially with 20" wheels. A lot of people here seem to be getting these for winter weather but I have the opposite conditions: the desert in Arizona and Utah. My Ascent spends a lot of time going on old, not too maintained forest roads and other "roads" that are more just use trails (honestly, I'd say it spends more time on these than regular roads except that it takes a bit of time on the regular road to get to them). Nothing too technical, per se, but gets very rocky and pokey. Recently on one of those, I got the smallest puncture in the world I think and I'm losing something like 1 psi a week.
Any rate, long story short, would these be recommended for that use as well? Just looking for something to help me get a little more traction and hold up to the sharp rocks better

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Question for those, especially with 20" wheels. A lot of people here seem to be getting these for winter weather but I have the opposite conditions: the desert in Arizona and Utah. My Ascent spends a lot of time going on old, not too maintained forest roads and other "roads" that are more just use trails (honestly, I'd say it spends more time on these than regular roads except that it takes a bit of time on the regular road to get to them). Nothing too technical, per se, but gets very rocky and pokey. Recently on one of those, I got the smallest puncture in the world I think and I'm losing something like 1 psi a week.
Any rate, long story short, would these be recommended for that use as well? Just looking for something to help me get a little more traction and hold up to the sharp rocks better
I bought the 20" Wildpeaks for your described conditions. I have Blizzak for winter here in Colorado.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts