Subaru Ascent Forum banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Can I order the Wildpeaks (from say, Discount Tire) and have my dealership mount them, thus getting free tire rotations as I continue to use my dealership for service?
Discount tire will give you free rotations but I understand wanting to make less stops. I’ll literally never take mine into discount tire unless they need a repair; I just do rotations myself.
I’d ask your dealer on that. Mine wouldn’t touch my 17” wildpeaks; they told me they’re oversized. They’re the same diameter as oem, just on a smaller rim. Anyway, you’d have to ask their policy on tire service

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discount tire will give you free rotations but I understand wanting to make less stops. I’ll literally never take mine into discount tire unless they need a repair; I just do rotations myself.
I’d ask your dealer on that. Mine wouldn’t touch my 17” wildpeaks; they told me they’re oversized. They’re the same diameter as oem, just on a smaller rim. Anyway, you’d have to ask their policy on tire service
I too was concerned what the dealer service would be and how that plays out so as you suggested I asked and was pleasantly surprised. Each dealer is independent in regard to these policies and pricing so take the broad issues and explore them with your local dealer.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Installed my Wildpeaks earlier this week. So far no downside issues. Same highway and city mileage (that can be readily attributed to tires). No noticable increased noise to speak of. I am looking forward to some wilderness trips in a month or so that will test their "off road" capabilities. Mostly the trip will test my off road leg capabilities since I will be high altitude backpacking. I do love the look. Many of my dealer service reps have them on their vehicles and have loved them as well.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Thank you Discount Tire for hooking me up!

I've never really looked twice at a car tire - they just don't catch my eye unless they're oversized in big wheel wells (like deep treads on a Jeep). But these look really good on my Ascent (Touring, stock 20" rims)!
20200713_094536.jpg

I'm looking forward to munching down some muddy trails or at least some desert dirt roads. We're moving to the Lonestar State in a few weeks - yeehah! - and I wanted treads that will plow through deep puddles and keep rubber on the pavement. Also anticipating finding some wintery weather later in the year.

The tires were quiet on the first drive around town. Any minor tappiness seemed to be from just having new tires. Freeway next.

F.S.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Welcome to Texas. You may want to check out my post on the Texas Hill Country. Great place to test your new tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
265/50R20 is a common size...standard on vehicles like the Jeep Grand Cherokee upper trims/Durango and some Ford F150 trucks. It makes sense that these particular tires are supported in that size. I just wish there were more choices in our Ascent OEM standard 245/50R20 at this point.
We have been running the 265/50R20 size for two years now on our 2019 Ascent, no rubbing or clearance issues and no lift. Wondering about 255/55R20 size though (that’s another 1/2” of height)

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I was look for an A/T tire for my 2019 Limited without changing rims. And came across the Falken WildPeak Trail A/T (245/50/20). Anyone have these on or know more about them? I can’t go KO2 or Nitto Grappler without changing rims. Thanks
I love my Wildpeaks. 2019 limited

·
Registered
26 Posts
We have been running the 265/50R20 size for two years now on our 2019 Ascent, no rubbing or clearance issues and no lift. Wondering about 255/55R20 size though (that’s another 1/2” of height)
Any chance you could post a picture? and this is with Stock Rims? I'm planning the same or swap to 18" rims. Haven't seen any photo of 265/50R20 Falken on stock rims yet.

·
Registered
111 Posts
As someone who does no off-roading but is really digging the looks of the wildpeaks, would it be silly to add these as my next tires? I’d be all for it but am concerned about additional road noise and a MPG hit (when compared to oem tires).

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
As someone who does no off-roading but is really digging the looks of the wildpeaks, would it be silly to add these as my next tires? I’d be all for it but am concerned about additional road noise and a MPG hit (when compared to oem tires).
You’re pretty much guaranteed at least a small mpg hit so you just have to decide if the looks are nice enough to live with the mpg loss. Mine are 17” wildpeaks and overall each wheel is about 2lb heavier. Between that and the aggressive tread I’m maxing out at 27mpg, so it’s about a 10% loss. I can live with that and they do look great, plus on the rare occasion I get off-road I have that extra assurance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just got my Wildpeaks yesterday! I've been researching these tires since I got my 2019 Touring in April of 2019! I drove on the stock tires until now. If I lived in the south, I could have driven on them for another 6 months, but the tread was low enough that they would've been problematic in our MN Winter (as they were barely ok last winter). But anyway, thanks to all the feedback in this sub, I now have them! First impressions: they ride real nice on the road. They don't sound any louder. We're about to head west into the mountains and experience gravel roads too, so I'll report back. I'm also hoping I'll see decent winter weather driving too (as others have reported). I used the stock wheels as we won't be doing anything other than light offroading and a lot of traveling in poor weather.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I just got my Wildpeaks yesterday! I've been researching these tires since I got my 2019 Touring in April of 2019! I drove on the stock tires until now. If I lived in the south, I could have driven on them for another 6 months, but the tread was low enough that they would've been problematic in our MN Winter (as they were barely ok last winter). But anyway, thanks to all the feedback in this sub, I now have them! First impressions: they ride real nice on the road. They don't sound any louder. We're about to head west into the mountains and experience gravel roads too, so I'll report back. I'm also hoping I'll see decent winter weather driving too (as others have reported). I used the stock wheels as we won't be doing anything other than light offroading and a lot of traveling in poor weather. View attachment 5066 View attachment 5067
nice look and great performance

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just got mine installed today . Love them so far . I also did 1.25” spacer in the rear and 1” spacer up front . I tow an overland trailer and a small camper So I wanted to offset the sag.
- wheels are 18” liquid metal shadows - part # 59141
-tires are 245/60/18 falken wild peak trails

ride is so much smoother With more sidewall . I also bought a 5th rim and tire for a full size spare. Testing them out this weekend on a 3 day camping trip at the National forest. Cant recommend this setup enough

**this was right after install so tire grease may be on rims. They are not blemished

·
Administrator
8,310 Posts
Looks great!!! And, of course, I am a fan of the incongruous look of the Liquid Metal Shadow "delicate" looking wheels and beefy tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got mine installed today . Love them so far . I also did 1.25” spacer in the rear and 1” spacer up front . I tow an overland trailer and a small camper So I wanted to offset the sag.
- wheels are 18” liquid metal shadows - part # 59141
-tires are 245/60/18 falken wild peak trails

ride is so much smoother With more sidewall . I also bought a 5th rim and tire for a full size spare. Testing them out this weekend on a 3 day camping trip at the National forest. Cant recommend this setup enough
View attachment 6021
**this was right after install so tire grease may be on rims. They are not blemished

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here is a photo of my car with OE tires and wheel on the front and my 18x8 BBS XR with Wildpeaks on the rear.
So far they drive great...fighting a bit with my Autel 508 but I'll get it figured out eventually!

And a photo with all wheels installed...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Loving that look. Since I have no plans to chrome delete and also run the dual silver 1ups on the roof I figured "embrace the silver", But I sacrificed color and went black to save $$ on a similar spoke design.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Here is a photo of my car with OE tires and wheel on the front and my 18x8 BBS XR with Wildpeaks on the rear.
So far they drive great...fighting a bit with my Autel 508 but I'll get it figured out eventually!

View attachment 6045

And a photo with all wheels installed...

View attachment 6046
Really wanted the BBS XRs, but I thought they didn’t meet the load rating? Did you confirm what the load ratings are on these wheels? Would love to add them on my ascent !

·
Registered
133 Posts
Really wanted the BBS XRs, but I thought they didn’t meet the load rating? Did you confirm what the load ratings are on these wheels? Would love to add them on my ascent !
1,738 is the load rating. No, they don't meet Rob's recommended 1,800lb figure so take that with a grain of salt. Also, my OE tire/wheel combo with 11K miles on the tires weighed in at 61lbs. The BBS/Wildpeak combo was 64lbs. New and New, I think they would likely weigh in the same.

101 - 120 of 124 Posts