Subaru Ascent Forum banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The Wildpeaks really continue to impress. I took the family up to Timberline Lodge (Mt Hood) early on New Years Day and this was the weather:

View attachment 2792

A ton of rain at lower elevations, but when we started to climb, conditions got pretty sketchy. The Ascent/Wildpeak setup felt really, really good in the snow/slush/ice. I was really wanting a tire I could comfortably run year round and I think this may be it.
I just arranged for a set of these for my 2019 Limited. I am using a 25% off coupon for my 30000 mile maintenance service and the tires from the dealer so I am saving a considerable amount. The dealer gets the tires from Tire rack so I also get the included road hazard and free rotation. I did not fully need the new tires until the end of summer but with the 25% off it was a easy decision especially since the sale goes to the end of June.

The reviews of these tires are all great. I had wanted tires to fill a narrow niche and these appear to meet that requirement.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just arranged for a set of these for my 2019 Limited. I am using a 25% off coupon for my 30000 mile maintenance service and the tires from the dealer so I am saving a considerable amount. The dealer gets the tires from Tire rack so I also get the included road hazard and free rotation. I did not fully need the new tires until the end of summer but with the 25% off it was a easy decision especially since the sale goes to the end of June.

The reviews of these tires are all great. I had wanted tires to fill a narrow niche and these appear to meet that requirement.
Where did you find/get the coupon? Mailed, email, app other? I want to do the same. Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
great thanks. I’m in Denver I’ll switch my “home” dealer to that one and see what comes up on the app. P purchased at groove in Englewood Co

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
great thanks. I’m in Denver I’ll switch my “home” dealer to that one and see what comes up on the app. P purchased at groove in Englewood Co
I do not think Subaru West advertises it on their website anymore. You should call them and talk to their service department about it. The term was extended so I am getting my 30000 mile maintenance and tires through them, both at 25% off, but you need to tell them at the time of booking it. there is no need to switch home dealer. None of that matters.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I purchased my Ascent through hmbrown auto broker who went through Groove, but to date I have always used Subaru West for service. The Mysubaru app still lists Groove as my dealership.
Thanks, I’ll call subaru west Monday. In the app on the service screen you can find different retailers/switch. Only difference I discern is ability to book appointments digitally elsewhere, and, see any promotions published via the app (most appear the same but some dealers have more in addition to the National ones) by default. Makes sense it might be a non-advertised buy-3 get one free. Just sharing this in case anyone wants to compare smaller offers different dealers may have. I switch between dealers because (pre pandemic) I would get service at a dealer closer to my office and booking via app is more convienent than calling (for me). Alas, a topic for a different thread! Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Thanks, I’ll call subaru west Monday. In the app on the service screen you can find different retailers/switch. Only difference I discern is ability to book appointments digitally elsewhere, and, see any promotions published via the app (most appear the same but some dealers have more in addition to the National ones) by default. Makes sense it might be a non-advertised buy-3 get one free. Just sharing this in case anyone wants to compare smaller offers different dealers may have. I switch between dealers because (pre pandemic) I would get service at a dealer closer to my office and booking via app is more convienent than calling (for me). Alas, a topic for a different thread! Thanks for all the help!
they show the 25% off on this page

·
Registered
47 Posts
very nice. Let us know how they feel and if they are particularly noisy.
Not any more noise than the OEM. In fact my wife drove it home from getting them on and didn’t comment about any difference. I hit a pothole today and it felt better than the stock. All good things. No regrets.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Not any more noise than the OEM. In fact my wife drove it home from getting them on and didn’t comment about any difference. I hit a pothole today and it felt better than the stock. All good things. No regrets.
Mine are being mounted at the end of this month. I look forward to them.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Can I order the Wildpeaks (from say, Discount Tire) and have my dealership mount them, thus getting free tire rotations as I continue to use my dealership for service?

In the past with my Mercedes, I'd show the dealership Discount's price and they'd do their best, sometimes matching and sometimes coming close. I don't remember ever getting puncture insurance through the dealership however. I wonder if Subaru would match $ or give reasonable puncture insurance, as my Subie dealership is fraught with boneheads - this past 30K service was so full of doubletalk that I can't wait to start with a new Subie dealership (we are moving in the next couple months).

Anyway, given a 2019 new model year, I expect that I'll have occasional TSB's and should keep maintaining my Ascent at Subaru for a while. So Wildpeaks from the dealership would make rotations a one-stopper with each 6K service.

Thoughts?

F.S.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Can I order the Wildpeaks (from say, Discount Tire) and have my dealership mount them, thus getting free tire rotations as I continue to use my dealership for service?

In the past with my Mercedes, I'd show the dealership Discount's price and they'd do their best, sometimes matching and sometimes coming close. I don't remember ever getting puncture insurance through the dealership however. I wonder if Subaru would match $ or give reasonable puncture insurance, as my Subie dealership is fraught with boneheads - this past 30K service was so full of doubletalk that I can't wait to start with a new Subie dealership (we are moving in the next couple months).

Anyway, given a 2019 new model year, I expect that I'll have occasional TSB's and should keep maintaining my Ascent at Subaru for a while. So Wildpeaks from the dealership would make rotations a one-stopper with each 6K service.

Thoughts?

F.S.
I was able to order them through my dealer and ultimately got a lower price than discount tire, My dealer also provided free rotations with balancing and road hazard insurance all rolled into the price. They get their tires from Tire Rack and pass on all the inclusions. My dealer had a great service sale going on at the time so I expolored the comparative price with Discount Tire which is where I have always purchased my tires. I told my dealer the Discount Tire price and they were willing to match it or use the sale price whichever was less. My suggestion is to price it with Discount Tire and then ask the dealer to match it. Go with whichever is lower and who you feel more comfortable with. I still will use Discount Tire for my other vehicles and to swap out my winter tires with the Wildpeaks since I already have that provision built into my winter tire purchase contract.

81 - 100 of 124 Posts