Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to check if any head unit updates were available via wifi as I've done a few times since getting the Ascent. Recently when I connect to either my home wifi or phone's hotspot, it will look for updates then give me a "Failed to download" message. I think this is similar to how the updates went back in the early days (2018-2019) before Subaru actually started rolling out OTA updates. Does anybody know anythiong about this?

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Limited 2010 Subaru Legacy GT limited
1,140 Posts
I went to check if any head unit updates were available via wifi as I've done a few times since getting the Ascent. Recently when I connect to either my home wifi or phone's hotspot, it will look for updates then give me a "Failed to download" message. I think this is similar to how the updates went back in the early days (2018-2019) before Subaru actually started rolling out OTA updates. Does anybody know anythiong about this?
I believe I have gotten that error a few times, I deleted the wifi connection and reconnected it that took care of it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
No problems here.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe I have gotten that error a few times, I deleted the wifi connection and reconnected it that took care of it.
I thought I had tried this, but I just did it again. Even after forgetting the network and reconnecting I still get a failure to download. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Limited 2010 Subaru Legacy GT limited
1,140 Posts
@rockthebeef how is your signal strength from wifi?

Here is relevant info:

from this thread:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same issue with OTA, Subaru tech line solution is turn off OTA. That is not the right answer! Subaru needs to fix it, turning it off while they work it makes since; however, the non caring attitude of “turn off OTA” is unacceptable! Love my Subaru; however, this has changed my opinion. Hope this is not a sign of where we are going!

·
Premium Member
2022 Ascent Touring, 7 Passenger - AWD
180 Posts
I went to check if any head unit updates were available via wifi as I've done a few times since getting the Ascent. Recently when I connect to either my home wifi or phone's hotspot, it will look for updates then give me a "Failed to download" message. I think this is similar to how the updates went back in the early days (2018-2019) before Subaru actually started rolling out OTA updates. Does anybody know anything about this?
I had the same problem getting the message "Failed to download" message" however I ignored it as it would correct itself stating the software is up to date later on. Actually it never updated it as a result I was having problem with getting the Apple Play to work.
On my my last service visit November 15th I brought it to the service attention that I cannot get Apple Play to work on my car. They tried everything and finally when they downloaded the latest software update the Apple Play starting working and I have no problem with Apple Play anymore.
The old version on my car was 20-38-70 and the latest software version should be 22-13-70 as of November 15th the date of my service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts