Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Anyone else notice white hazing or faded look on the outside door pillars? Looks like it was caused during installation when the part was bent to install it.

Also in the rear above the access port for the tow hook it looks to have a crease, also probably caused from installation. Nothing serious, just looks like the wrong type of plastic was used.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hello,

Anyone else notice white hazing or faded look on the outside door pillars? Looks like it was caused during installation when the part was bent to install it.

Also in the rear above the access port for the tow hook it looks to have a crease, also probably caused from installation. Nothing serious, just looks like the wrong type of plastic was used.
Yep on the black door trim panels. I believe it is from the molding/making of the pieces. All of the pieces on our Ascent have this "haze" in one particular spot. Almost looks like old plastic and not a deep rich new plastic. Maybe some plastic/trim protectant or 'ArmorAll' will help?

I pointed this out to our salesman and he didn't seem too concerned about it. Maybe it's just how Subaru does those pieces?

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
Yep, same on mine, but also the same on numerous years of Outbacks as well. You can barely see it, but it's in this pic showing two different Outback rear ends (and a Crosstrek). Bottom trim below the color matched bumper, near the edges.

At first, I thought it was just my car, but it's all of them. It's how the panels are molded apparently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts