Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.

Watching this forum for months now. Finally ready to place an order and I have a couple of questions and I will appreciate your help.

I was customizing a lot so looks ordering is my only option. I did email many reps in the area so it looks like I can get 2-3% below invoice.

Is there any trick like they give me a good price then I place the down-payment/order and they will try to get me with higher financing later on? Assuming the credit pull and financing will be done just when the car arrives, correct me if I am wrong.

Can I place the order on my name but the financing to be done on my wife name if for some reason my credit score would be worst and not qualify for the 3.49%? Do you know what is the score threshold for 3.49?

Is there any difference from quality or aspect perspective between dealer installed and factory installed when it comes to: Body Side Molding, Rear Bumper Cover, Splash Guards, Trailer Hitch?

Any advice you can give me on what to be careful with when placing the order and signing paperwork I will appreciate it.

Thank You

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought a 2019 Limited about 2 months ago. Had to wait for about 2 weeks for arrival to dealership, color I wanted with rear bench seat. Had dealer install factory towing hitch when arrived. No issues, factory hitch installed $649. So far, happy with it the vehicle. Came with rear bumper cover, no splash guards or body side molding. Don't care for either.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,851 Posts
Factory order is the way to go to get exactly what you want. There is no quality difference between Port and Dealer installed, but for the latter it might cost more because of labor. If you want the hitch receiver, put it on your order to guarantee lowest cost and to build any discount into the deal up-front.

As far as financing...why not arrange for that beforehand. You do not need to use dealer financing and if you have good credit, you can generally get a better rate than the current 3.49% promotion from Subaru. Check with your bank, your credit union, etc. I use PenFed for financing and have my draft waiting for when my vehicle arrives. I actually just got my VIN a few minutes ago with a 6 May ETA...exactly two months from my order date.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
you can try HM Brown auto brokers: https://hmbrown.com/. I got a great deal for my custom order through them. I had compared their bottom line price to another broker and two dealers. I am in Denver but they operate nationally.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,851 Posts
[FONT=&quot]interest rates are 3.49% for Tier 1 & 2 credit (which is 700+ FICO) on loans up to 63 months[/FONT]
I have 2.49% from PenFed and could have gotten 1.49% if I wanted to "do the dance" and go through the whole TrueCar process crap they require for the lower rate, even though I had already made my VIP deal with my local dealer, etc. They would have signed the paper (they did for our MY16 Outback) but it wasn't worth the effort for a couple hundred bucks of interest expense to me nor did I want to start getting calls from a half dozen other dealers which would have wasted their time, too.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Is there any trick like they give me a good price then I place the down-payment/order and they will try to get me with higher financing later on? Assuming the credit pull and financing will be done just when the car arrives, correct me if I am wrong.

Can I place the order on my name but the financing to be done on my wife name if for some reason my credit score would be worst and not qualify for the 3.49%? Do you know what is the score threshold for 3.49?

Is there any difference from quality or aspect perspective between dealer installed and factory installed when it comes to: Body Side Molding, Rear Bumper Cover, Splash Guards, Trailer Hitch?

Any advice you can give me on what to be careful with when placing the order and signing paperwork I will appreciate it.

Thank You
A: Correct - no pull until the car shows up
B: It doesn't matter whose credit is pulled. If both you and your wife are going to be on the title, you both have to be on the loan. No adding someone to the title at the tag agency later - the laws on that changed not that long ago. (And they may be different in your state, but that's how Chase makes us do everyone here.
C: Same parts. But there will be a big difference in the COST of those things. Port / factory installed trailer hitch shows 1.13 hours labor. Dealer installed trailer hitch shows 1.48 hours. So while port installed MSRP is $499, you should expect to pay $50 - $75 MORE (at least) to have it installed at the dealership.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts