Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting this here to get more eyes on it.

Ordered the factory hitch from my local dealer, part # L101SXC003.
Went to install it based on instructions from the L101SXC000 version, and noticed it's missing several pieces that were included in previous versions (L101SXC002, L101SXC001, L101SXC000).

If you look at the kit contents picture, I don't have the following in mine: F, G, H, K. That's the receiver, hitch clip, hitch pin, and two cover panels.

Have these parts been omitted from the latest kit?

If someone else has the latest L101SXC003, can you confirm if you were missing these too? I received everything in one box, and it was sealed really well. Perhaps I was supposed to receive two boxes, with the second one containing what I'm missing???

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Same issue. My MY2020 did not come with the ball mount either.
Someone else posted this document in another forum here where I asked they same question:

It says we need part L101SXC400, but I cannot find any pictures of it to verify what it looks like.

I need to go back and see what the price was for the factory hitch, as for what the option cost was, it should have probably included this.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same issue. My MY2020 did not come with the ball mount either.
Someone else posted this document in another forum here where I asked they same question:

It says we need part L101SXC400, but I cannot find any pictures of it to verify what it looks like.

I need to go back and see what the price was for the factory hitch, as for what the option cost was, it should have probably included this.
Yeah it's not a huge deal breaker, but I honestly wish I'd have known it didn't come with the receiver. Pics on all the parts websites are very deceiving...they all show the hitch with a receiver and ball attached. So basically, anyone ordering the new kit version needs to know that it's going to cost them another $40+ for the drop receiver, ball and hitch pin.

Those are some very nice directions by the way. Much more detailed than the Subaru variant I followed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went w/ a 5 1/4" drop receiver btw. Perfect height for my application, anything less would've been too high.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
Yeah it's not a huge deal breaker, but I honestly wish I'd have known it didn't come with the receiver. Pics on all the parts websites are very deceiving...they all show the hitch with a receiver and ball attached. So basically, anyone ordering the new kit version needs to know that it's going to cost them another $40+ for the drop receiver, ball and hitch pin.
FYI, the "receiver" is the square hole. The ball mount slides into it. :) The OEM unit that came with MY19 provided a 6" drop which is about right for most applications. I am sad that it appears they are not providing it with the MY20...that was a nice bonus to find when I took delivery on my MY19 as my existing 4" drop ball mounts that were perfect with my Grand Cherokee were too high for the Ascent.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FYI, the "receiver" is the square hole. The ball mount slides into it. :)

Ha yeah, that's the correct name. It's just my southern terminology coming out, lots of folks down here call it the receiver, short for ball receiver. Thanks for understanding what I was talking about though ?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
Cant i use any 2 inch ball mount?
Yes. It just needs to have the correct drop for your application and must be rated to at least Class III capacities.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.