Subaru Ascent Forum banner

EZ Pass mounted onto rearview . . .

13K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Sigmonster 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried mounting their EZ Pass onto the backside of their rearview mirror?

Would there be any issues with doing this?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Mine is mounted on the windshield as well, although we moved it all the way to the passenger side upper corner because of the picture in the owner's manual of where Eyesight doesn't want to be seeing other things stuck to windshield.

If the minimal extra weight doesn't affect the mirror, then it shouldn't make any difference. I've hand held my ezpass when driving a loaner car and it works fine even if its not held right against the windshield.

#5 · (Edited)
I put my EZPass down where VA state stickers used to go. Figured the bottom of the Ascent windshield mounting is about like mounting along the top of a little thing like a Miata :D Worked fine on the way into work today and isn't anywhere near blocking the Eyesight. Reasoned that Subaru would have had to design in some leeway for state required stickers anyway, and since VA recently changed the rules for sticker placement, I appropriated that space for my EZPass.

#6 ·
I put my ezpass down where VA state stickers used to go. Figured the bottom of the Ascent windshield mounting is about lik mounting along the top of a little thing like a Miata :D Worked fine on the way into work today and isn't anywhere near blocking the Eyesight. Reasoned that Subaru would have had to design in some leeway for state required stickers anyway, and since VA recently changed the rules for sticker placement, I appropriated that space for my EZPass.
Not only is Virginia behind the times on changes in the Federal Income Tax, but it’s even further behind on car technology changes. The state MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY INSPECTION MANUAL says:

“Toll Transponder devices may be affixed to the inside center of the windshield at the roof line just above the rear view mirror. If space does not allow, then the transponder device may be affixed to the immediate right of the mirror at the roof line.”

And don’t get me started on parking stickers... :devil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.