Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don’t see why there would be any issue. It blocks nothing so as long as it works you should be good to go. Mine is mounted on the windshield. Works fine as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine is mounted on the windshield as well, although we moved it all the way to the passenger side upper corner because of the picture in the owner's manual of where Eyesight doesn't want to be seeing other things stuck to windshield.

If the minimal extra weight doesn't affect the mirror, then it shouldn't make any difference. I've hand held my ezpass when driving a loaner car and it works fine even if its not held right against the windshield.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The only thing I can guess that might be an issue is if the reflection causes any issues with the eyesight system registering correctly, but otherwise, as long as it's not blocking any of the sensors on the back of the mirror, you should be good to go.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I put my EZPass down where VA state stickers used to go. Figured the bottom of the Ascent windshield mounting is about like mounting along the top of a little thing like a Miata :D Worked fine on the way into work today and isn't anywhere near blocking the Eyesight. Reasoned that Subaru would have had to design in some leeway for state required stickers anyway, and since VA recently changed the rules for sticker placement, I appropriated that space for my EZPass.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I put my ezpass down where VA state stickers used to go. Figured the bottom of the Ascent windshield mounting is about lik mounting along the top of a little thing like a Miata :D Worked fine on the way into work today and isn't anywhere near blocking the Eyesight. Reasoned that Subaru would have had to design in some leeway for state required stickers anyway, and since VA recently changed the rules for sticker placement, I appropriated that space for my EZPass.
Not only is Virginia behind the times on changes in the Federal Income Tax, but it’s even further behind on car technology changes. The state MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY INSPECTION MANUAL says:

“Toll Transponder devices may be affixed to the inside center of the windshield at the roof line just above the rear view mirror. If space does not allow, then the transponder device may be affixed to the immediate right of the mirror at the roof line.”

And don’t get me started on parking stickers... :devil:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not only is Virginia behind the times on changes in the Federal Income Tax, but it’s even further behind on car technology changes. The state MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY INSPECTION MANUAL says:

“Toll Transponder devices may be affixed to the inside center of the windshield at the roof line just above the rear view mirror. If space does not allow, then the transponder device may be affixed to the immediate right of the mirror at the roof line.”

And don’t get me started on parking stickers... :devil:
Preachin to the choir :grin:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Isn’t that where our new inspection stickers go now, instead of the bottom middle?
Mine's to the far left now. Heck (I spelled it different originally), if they wanna put it there I'll just have 'em stick it next to the EZPass. The durn thing's workin, I don't wanna mess with it again.

Here's pics...

New sticker location:

EZPass location:

Edit: If that little bit of reflection ends up messin with the Eyesight, I have some matte black gaffers tape that would help remove the reflection, but so far so good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts