Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know a "friend" who got into his Ascent in a shopping center parking lot after it turned dark not realizing his other "friend" had previously turned the lights to off instead of the usual auto position. This "friend" made it out to the main road with his lights off then noted his Eyesight alarming!! Funny how eyesight doesn't work that well when it cant see anything but just FYI, it will let you know you messed up!

·
Registered
852 Posts
I know I read this in the manual,was driving the Ascent the other night when all of a sudden a downpour hit.The Eyesight was disabled and alerting me via the info screen on the instrument cluster.Thats how hard the rain came down,so more or less what happened to your friend happened to me...Eyesight does not like heavy rain,heavy snow and darkness...if it can’t see it’ll let you know “I’m shutting down until the environment is acceptable to me”.
At least for me I was ready when it happened and knew it was normal operation.I have read through most of the manuals to familiarize myself with this vehicle but this forum has been a gold mine of information and more so than the dealerships,priceless.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
That's kinda a good feature when you think about it...it could be really bad if someone assumed the system was working when conditions prevented it from being all it can be. The warning insures that assumption isn't made.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts