Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So got into a car accident today with the car I was planning on trading in. Fortunately i wasn’t hurt just sore now that everything has calmed down. From talking to me on the phone my insurance company says likely totaled and towed to a salvage yard already. Worst possible timing for this as we were already upside down in it and with an accident it will be worth less. Hoping it’s truly a total loss at this point otherwise I might not be able to get my Ascent after all.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Worst possible timing for this as we were already upside down in it and with an accident it will be worth less. Hoping it’s truly a total loss at this point otherwise I might not be able to get my Ascent after all.
GAP insurance ... unless you rolled negative equity into it, that's exactly what and why it's there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Worst possible timing for this as we were already upside down in it and with an accident it will be worth less. Hoping it’s truly a total loss at this point otherwise I might not be able to get my Ascent after all.
GAP insurance ... unless you rolled negative equity into it, that's exactly what and why it's there.
We have GAP and accident forgiveness thankfully. Now it’s just hoping that the insurance company declares it a total loss.

·
Registered
597 Posts
So looks like my car is definitely a total loss. So now that I don’t have negative equity I was able to upgrade and reserve a Cinnamon Brown Touring that was already inbound to a local dealer. Scheduled to arrive 7/2. So exciting!
Glad you are okay and everything worked out! Take some pics when it arrives!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.