Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new windshield and the Subaru dealer supposedly recalibrated the Eyesight system and test drove it. However, the lane change warning and the lane assist keep aren’t working even though they are not off (The off icon is absent.). I don’t know what else is not working as I kind of don’t want to drive at an obstacle to see if the collision prevent works! So what happened? And why did I pay for a calibration when the features no longer work?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I just got a new windshield and the Subaru dealer supposedly recalibrated the Eyesight system and test drove it. However, the lane change warning and the lane assist keep aren’t working even though they are not off (The off icon is absent.). I don’t know what else is not working as I kind of don’t want to drive at an obstacle to see if the collision prevent works! So what happened? And why did I pay for a calibration when the features no longer work?
I agree with Robert D below. Hand it back to the dealer, give them the glass company contact info, contact the glass company and tell both of them to sort it out in one days time. Sit back a read a good book if there are any you have not read yet during the lockdown. Or skip the book and have a glass of wine. Just do not sweat it. If the dealer did their job properly they should have noticed that it did not work even if it was not their fault. They glass company may have to come by the dealership to pick it up for repair and then maybe even pay the dealer to re-calibrate it again.

I had one replaced using a glass company and then the dealer and it worked out fine, but next time I will use Novus who can do the replacement and the calibration. I would also recommend them for chip fill (they invented the process many years ago).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip on Novus. I am not happy with the dealer for several reasons. This is just another strike against them.

·
Super Moderator
6,823 Posts
Lane Keep Assist doesn't give an "off" warning light. Lane Departure Warning and Pre-Collision Braking does. Can you share a pic of your dash with all of the features enabled?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here’s the dashboard. I was able to try highway driving and the lane keep assist is working. But the lane change alert is not. But you can see that the “off” icon for the lane change alert is not showing. So why isn’t it working? I have to get a cardboard box to test the collision warning. It doesn’t seem to be working but I don’t really want to collide with my garage wall to test it!

·
Registered
712 Posts
What do you mean by lane change alert? Is it the beeping when you start to drift out of the lane or the blinking yellow light on the side view mirrors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The lane departure alert beeping when you cross over into another lane without signaling.

·
Super Moderator
6,823 Posts
The lane departure alert beeping when you cross over into another lane without signaling.
That is odd. That's even more sensitive than Lane Keep Assist. I'd have a Subaru dealership take a look at it. :(

·
Registered
982 Posts
I agree with Robert D below. Hand it back to the dealer, give them the glass company contact info, contact the glass company and tell both of them to sort it out in one days time. Sit back a read a good book if there are any you have not read yet during the lockdown. Or skip the book and have a glass of wine. Just do not sweat it. If the dealer did their job properly they should have noticed that it did not work even if it was not their fault. They glass company may have to come by the dealership to pick it up for repair and then maybe even pay the dealer to re-calibrate it again.

I had one replaced using a glass company and then the dealer and it worked out fine, but next time I will use Novus who can do the replacement and the calibration. I would also recommend them for chip fill (they invented the process many years ago).
I used Novus, in Denver, to replace the windshield on my 2017 Honda Ridgeline a month ago. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend them because the clips holding the windshield trim were broken by the tech and he did not replace them.

The trim would no longer sit tight against the A-pillar, allowing water to get past the trim.. The water did not leak into the cabin, but it was a sloppy job. I opted to repair it myself as opposed to messing around with them again.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I used Novus, in Denver, to replace the windshield on my 2017 Honda Ridgeline a month ago. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend them because the clips holding the windshield trim were broken by the tech and he did not replace them.

The trim would no longer sit tight against the A-pillar, allowing water to get past the trim.. The water did not leak into the cabin, but it was a sloppy job. I opted to repair it myself as opposed to messing around with them again.
Sorry to hear that. I suppose like every industry the work ethic of an individual employee can impact the relationship between customer and the business. I hope you shared your experience with the manager so he/she can talk to the staff. I imagine they would not be industry leaders and stay in business if that were the ethic throughout their enterprise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts