Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second time all the warning lights on dash have come on and eyesight disabled. First time did not have full brake control. This time brakes were okay. Able to drive home. So disappointed in this vehicle. I no longer feel safe. Under 7000 miles. Third time will pursue lemon law and dump this pricey over rated vehicle.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How many times have you had at dealership to repair? I've had another type issue with my new Ascent with just 800 miles on it and after 2 attempts and almost 3 weeks at dealership was finally repaired but I did work with SOA on this and they did say if could not be repaired, they would replace or buy back. They were great to work with.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Second time all the warning lights on dash have come on and eyesight disabled. First time did not have full brake control. This time brakes were okay. Able to drive home. So disappointed in this vehicle. I no longer feel safe. Under 7000 miles. Third time will pursue lemon law and dump this pricey over rated vehicle.
I too had the warning light-up and loss of high level vehicle control aids. It was solved by a replacement of the transmission wiring harness, now all is fine. I went through several events and a collection of dealer visits. The high level vehicle control software is only enabled when all lower level systems are in good order. One little signal failure, while not causing a base level vehicle function issue will set an error code and the lights go on. If you have a OBDEII scanner, you may find a culprit. Deliver all of the facts you can to the dealer such as code scans, images of the dash during the light-up and any operational observations. SofA wants to solve the issue from the root cause. They did well by me early this year.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine has done the same thing twice now...3000 miles new, took in to dealer and it's a faulty wiring harness...part on backorder, assuming that's because many are having the same issue

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same thing!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having similar issues. Car has 3700 miles, towed my 2800# camper about 15 miles to a local campground for the first time 2 nights ago. Woke up in the morning to all the dash warning lights flashing and everything disabled (eyesight, sonar, moonroof, etc.), including the transmission and check engine lights. Took it to dealer immediately and had to leave it. Hoping that having a Uhaul towhitch installed doesn’t void any warranty?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
too bad we do not have a follow up with the OP. By all accounts everyone who has an issue with the transmission harness et al have been taken care of by the dealership/SOA and the vehicles are now working great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts