Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the sound the windows don't make when opening and closing them. They are by far the quietest windows I've had...even quieter than the hand-crank ones in my Ford F-150.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Really? Mine are quite loud. I open it and it yells "DAAAAAD, SHUT THE WINDOW!"

haha that's me !

My wife has commented on that about 200 times since we picked it up.

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
22 Posts
Very quiet windows, and excellent seal for noise as well. Anyone have window air deflectors?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just told my husband yesterday how quiet the windows were and how I loved that. Perhaps its because my last SUV was a 2004 with the original window motor and it was LOUD and SLOW. Anything was a major improvement over that. :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I tried windows out yesterday. They are the best I have ever seen. Sooo quiet and the feel when you open close them they has a very solid feel. Excellent?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Went up to a drive-thru for dinner last night and it was the first time I had rolled down the driver's window since we had the tint installed. It did notice that it was the quietest and smoothest windows I've ever heard. I probably have bad hearing in my advanced age, but they sure seemed super quiet to me. :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'd like to know what mechanism they are using to power these windows or motor....maybe they changed to brushless and that is what is making them so quiet and smooth.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Mine were quiet until one of those kids came to wash my windshield while stopped at a light and started spraying the driver side window. Now it makes a squealing noise when i open it.

That was after I told him not to and his response was to yell "What you got a problem?"

I'm hoping that when I clean it this week the squeaking goes away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts