Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have ordered a 2020 Ascent limited to be delivered sometime in August-according to our dealer. One thing I don’t like about Subaru is their standard 3 year bumper to bumper and 5 year power train warranty. I’m thinking about adding a Subaru backed extended warranty (we have never done that before). I talked to my dealer and the following is what they told me about the extended warranty costs.

For a 60 month/ 60,000 mile bumper to bumper with $100 deductible —$960 plus tax.

For a 72 month/ 80,000 mile bumper to bumper with $100 deductible—$1470 plus tax.

For an 84 month/100,000 mile bumper to bumper with $100 deductible— $2120 plus tax.

For a 96 month/120,000 mile bumper to bumper with $100 deductible—$2680 plus tax.

For a 120 month/100,000 mile bumper to bumper with $100 deductible—$2390 plus tax.

I’m 71 years old and this will likely be my last vehicle. I would like to hand it down to my children/ or grandchildren. The warranty is transferable and, refundable if we decide to cancel at some point ( prorated).

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I can only speak for the 6 year price. That is just a tad over dealership cost. A VERY fair price. My dealership wanted $2,500. I've heard of others at $3,500. I paid just a little less for it but it's worth the loyalty to your local dealership - especially since they showed you such a good price up front without you having to "fight for it" by showing what you could get elsewhere.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,837 Posts
There is lots of discussion of the Extended Service Contacts in that area of the forum that you'll want to read through...

·
Registered
566 Posts
I can only speak for the 6 year price. That is just a tad over dealership cost. A VERY fair price. My dealership wanted $2,500. I've heard of others at $3,500. I paid just a little less for it but it's worth the loyalty to your local dealership - especially since they showed you such a good price up front without you having to "fight for it" by showing what you could get elsewhere.
BTW, when I said I paid a "little bit less for it, I meant a little less than what you were quoted (not a little less than $3,500!!!!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have ordered a 2020 Ascent limited to be delivered sometime in August-according to our dealer. One thing I don’t like about Subaru is their standard 3 year bumper to bumper and 5 year power train warranty. I’m thinking about adding a Subaru backed extended warranty (we have never done that before). I talked to my dealer and the following is what they told me about the extended warranty costs.

For a 60 month/ 60,000 mile bumper to bumper with $100 deductible —$960 plus tax.

For a 72 month/ 80,000 mile bumper to bumper with $100 deductible—$1470 plus tax.

For an 84 month/100,000 mile bumper to bumper with $100 deductible— $2120 plus tax.

For a 96 month/120,000 mile bumper to bumper with $100 deductible—$2680 plus tax.

For a 120 month/100,000 mile bumper to bumper with $100 deductible—$2390 plus tax.

I’m 71 years old and this will likely be my last vehicle. I would like to hand it down to my children/ or grandchildren. The warranty is transferable and, refundable if we decide to cancel at some point ( prorated).

Any thoughts?
Contact Mark Jacobs
[email protected]
He gave me prices significantly less than those and with a 0 Deductable. I would not do the $100 deductable. After manufacturer warranty is out you have to pay that deductible whether or not they find anything wrong.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've heard back from both Matt and Luke. The prices they gave me were significantly less than the prices quoted by my dealer. I'll contact them when the 2020 arrives.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
does anyone have any thoughts on the best time period to purchase the extended warranty? we all have first year vehicles and have two + more years of time and maybe about 15000 to 20000 of warranty mileage already covering the vehicle. Should I purchase the Xwarranty in year two, year one or sometime in year three? I woudld think some negotiating strategy might be a factor (more desperate in year three than year one), cost of warranty may go up? Is there some other factor I have not thought about (other than cash flow)?

·
Registered
566 Posts
does anyone have any thoughts on the best time period to purchase the extended warranty? we all have first year vehicles and have two + more years of time and maybe about 15000 to 20000 of warranty mileage already covering the vehicle. Should I purchase the Xwarranty in year two, year one or sometime in year three? I woudld think some negotiating strategy might be a factor (more desperate in year three than year one), cost of warranty may go up? Is there some other factor I have not thought about (other than cash flow)?
Think about this - from the time I pre-ordered my Ascent in April 2018 and the time it was delivered - Sept 2018, the price for the Subaru Added Security Gold Plus went up TWICE! A total of $220. Bear in mind it covers more then just the Subaru Warranty - it also covers "Wear and Tear"

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Think about this - from the time I pre-ordered my Ascent in April 2018 and the time it was delivered - Sept 2018, the price for the Subaru Added Security Gold Plus went up TWICE! A total of $220. Bear in mind it covers more then just the Subaru Warranty - it also covers "Wear and Tear"
I bought my gold plus yesterday 10/100000 zero deductible for $1970. My 2019 Limited now has 30,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I just bought my gold plus 10/100000 zero deductible for $1970 2019 Limited at 30,000 miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts