Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I had been researching gold plus pricing for some time and created a spreadsheet of posted pricing on the forum as well as quotes from Colorado dealerships. Prices for 10/100000 zero deductible ranged from $1550 to $3699. That is correct, a dealership was quoting me a price that was $2000 more than the lowest forum price and over twice the typical forum posted price. Most of the forum posted prices are at about $1750. I assume, although not specifically noted in the posts that these prices were offered at the time of vehicle delivery since the dealerships have ways to recoup the lower profit within the total sale and financing of the vehicle.

In my case I ultimately purchased the plan from a dealer I did not purchase the vehicle from nor am I likely to get service from considering I have much closer dealerships available to me. The rep was very nice and from a small dealership in Montrose Colorado (I have done some business and played outdoors in the area). After some honest talk and negotiating I was able to get the price down to $1970 for that plan. I now have just under 30,000 miles on the Limited.

I was emailed the contract, signed it digitally within Acrobat Pro and emailed it back.

If you are in the area talk to Tiffany at the dealership.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I find it interesting that the prices for the Gold Plus plans haven't changed much since two years ago - especially given the documented issues with the 2018 model, and its subsequent fall from grace by Consumer Reports.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I find it interesting that the prices for the Gold Plus plans haven't changed much since two years ago - especially given the documented issues with the 2018 model, and its subsequent fall from grace by Consumer Reports.
that is probably because the "issues" documented in the first model year of 2019 have been fully addressed under warranty. there are plenty of concerns with the legitimacy of the recent consumer report in regard to the Ascent rating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.