Subaru Ascent Forum banner

821 - 831 of 831 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Touring Brilliant Bronze
83 Posts
To close this loop.

Sent a letter to Subaru of America. Summary of response: "We are committed to working with our retailers to ensure our owners are receiving the best service."

Dealership calls me:

"... learning opportunity for the dealership ... "

I did not get an extended warranty free; but, they did offer prices essentially as found here: Extended Warranty?

One thing that was telling was I was told ... paraphrasing ... "We offer <dealership name> extended warranties. We do not offer Subaru extended warranties."

Considering I was not going to get better pricing than above, which I felt was really good pricing relative to what folks seemed to get on this thread at varying dealers across the U.S., I signed up my plan of choice accordingly.

It was a shame I had to "cry foul" to get them to offer me a "Subaru Gold Plus" extended warranty. TBH, I would have probably purchased at a few hundred more, if they had offered that from the start. I do feel however involving Subaru of America helped get me the excellent rates.

This community has come through and saved me money ... yet again. (y) (y)(y)

Lesson of the day: "Subaru Gold Plus", the words to look for.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
To close this loop.

Sent a letter to Subaru of America. Summary of response: "We are committed to working with our retailers to ensure our owners are receiving the best service."

Dealership calls me:

"... learning opportunity for the dealership ... "

I did not get an extended warranty free; but, they did offer prices essentially as found here: Extended Warranty?

One thing that was telling was I was told ... paraphrasing ... "We offer <dealership name> extended warranties. We do not offer Subaru extended warranties."

Considering I was not going to get better pricing than above, which I felt was really good pricing relative to what folks seemed to get on this thread at varying dealers across the U.S., I signed up my plan of choice accordingly.

It was a shame I had to "cry foul" to get them to offer me a "Subaru Gold Plus" extended warranty. TBH, I would have probably purchased at a few hundred more, if they had offered that from the start. I do feel however involving Subaru of America helped get me the excellent rates.

This community has come through and saved me money ... yet again. (y) (y)(y)

Lesson of the day: "Subaru Gold Plus", the words to look for.
happy that it worked out. I would not give that dealership my service work. The pricing is good (I suggest the zero deductible).

·
Registered
83 Posts
There actually is a dealership that has recently moved their location. They are now a direct route between home and work. I had planned on switching my service work anyway. Yes, I went with a 0 deductible.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I declined to negotiate on the spot when getting my Subi last night, sighting any warranty is above the 3yr/36k unless it includes full maintenance.

So they left me with a printed sheet showing I declined and the breakdown was:

1. 10year/100k $100 Gold Plus with deductible: $1,850
2. Boost to $4,350 it also includes Allstate Warranty, Maintenance at 6k intervals (oil changes and tire rotations) and a tire/wheel warranty (same 10/100)

I'd like to think I can haggle with them on just the Gold Plus during the next 3 years!

·
Administrator
8,310 Posts
Once you have the Gold Plus, there's no reason to pay $2,500 to get tire coverage and oil changes from the Allstate Warranty. My suggestion would be to get Gold Plus, get tire coverage on your next set of tires from the place of purchase (if you want tire coverage), and either get the Subaru Maintenance Plan, or none.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
2,416 Posts
That's not a terrible price on the Gold extended service contract. You can ask Liberty for a competitive quote, however.

I'm not a fan of "maintenance" plans and prefer to just buy a la carté services as needed,.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Rise and shine gentlemen! I'm hours away from taking my second of three IRS tests so cramming a bit.

I just found out from happenstance that Schaller Subaru (and all the same name dealerships) in Berlin, CT is owned by an old High School friend I graduated with. If they are able to sell me Gold Plus I'm sure I can get a friends and family discount off the $1,850 for sure. Liberty is likely to also play ball.

In general, I don't like the maintenance plans either, considering the low percentage of people that keep a car for 10 years in the first place. But if you can a really good deal.....

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
83 Posts
I declined to negotiate on the spot when getting my Subi last night, sighting any warranty is above the 3yr/36k unless it includes full maintenance.

So they left me with a printed sheet showing I declined and the breakdown was:

1. 10year/100k $100 Gold Plus with deductible: $1,850
2. Boost to $4,350 it also includes Allstate Warranty, Maintenance at 6k intervals (oil changes and tire rotations) and a tire/wheel warranty (same 10/100)

I'd like to think I can haggle with them on just the Gold Plus during the next 3 years!
My breakdown looked like this:

If I had something that said "Gold Plus", "Subaru", "SAS" ... I would have felt a lot more confident with what I was getting and I may have even pursued that portion; especially, with 0% interest.

It could very well be the above may have provided excellent coverage. It was just too rich for my blood. I was very pleased with the price I ultimately got the Gold Plus for so I'm good.

With a friend on the "inside" that always helps. Hope that works out for you. You've got time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah we paid cash but that was known only when finance was post-sale. I kept telling the Salesman I need to hear what your finance guy (<-- so sexist, but haven't found a female finance person @ a dealer yet) is offering.

He was seriously asking me if I was bringing a duffel bag.

Needless to say I came with a nike duffer bag with only the things we removed from our Dodge (aka the trade-in) and a bottle of water. But it was comical the way the sales guy kept looking at the front desk to signal the finance guy.

Reactions: packout
821 - 831 of 831 Posts