Subaru Ascent Forum banner

781 - 800 of 831 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
So, with all the changes to warranties and my procrastination my local dealership in California offered me the 10 year/$100k/0 deductible for $2500 and wont come off that price. That is 500$ more than others are paying. Any suggestions on what I can do at this point? Thanks for the insight.

Cheers.
Shop around with other dealers on your region.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, with all the changes to warranties and my procrastination my local dealership in California offered me the 10 year/$100k/0 deductible for $2500 and wont come off that price. That is 500$ more than others are paying. Any suggestions on what I can do at this point? Thanks for the insight.

Cheers.
I purchased a my ascent in Feb at Irvine. I am in market to buy extended warranties as well. What dealer did you ask ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ugh. Just now completed reading all 783 posts over 3 days. It seems there never has been a business characterized by raw unbridled cutthroat commerce then extended warranties. I have a headache from reading of you poor guys trying to put order into this disorder. I might just self insure.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Ugh. Just now completed reading all 783 posts over 3 days. It seems there never has been a business characterized by raw unbridled cutthroat commerce then extended warranties. I have a headache from reading of you poor guys trying to put order into this disorder. I might just self insure.
ah... the symptoms of a lockdown.

Most of the posts as I recall were associated with getting the best pricing from available sources.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was just thinking of blanket emailing the dealerships in California to see if I can get a better quote BUT all the dealerships share the same website format and none of them have a click and paste email link. They are all set up where you can just email from the webpage directly which interrupts my plan of one email with many recipients. Does anyone have a link or a means of obtaining the sales email link for the dealerships in California?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I was just thinking of blanket emailing the dealerships in California to see if I can get a better quote BUT all the dealerships share the same website format and none of them have a click and paste email link. They are all set up where you can just email from the webpage directly which interrupts my plan of one email with many recipients. Does anyone have a link or a means of obtaining the sales email link for the dealerships in California?
it would appear that you might be dealing with lacarguy who covers 12 dealerships (three Subaru dealerships). Your task requires more leg work. Go to each website and click on meet the team or something about their sales staff. Some times their facebook presence will have contact info. If you are Linkedin you may be able to find email addresses.

Good luck

[email protected] Lithia Subaru of Fresno | New & Used Subaru Dealer Serving Sanger, Dinuba, Madera & Clovis
Troy Taylor Sales Manager [email protected] 888-773-7661

·
Registered
82 Posts
it would appear that you might be dealing with lacarguy who covers 12 dealerships (three Subaru dealerships). Your task requires more leg work. Go to each website and click on meet the team or something about their sales staff. Some times their facebook presence will have contact info. If you are Linkedin you may be able to find email addresses.

Good luck

[email protected] Lithia Subaru of Fresno | New & Used Subaru Dealer Serving Sanger, Dinuba, Madera & Clovis
Troy Taylor Sales Manager [email protected] 888-773-7661
It's funny that you say that because that is exactly what I did, haha. Thanks for your insight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently purchased Subaru Ascent 2020 model (first Subaru) and researching on Subaru Added Security/Extended Warranty. Anyone who has purchased it in Washington State and if so which dealer provided the best rates. Can I purchase one from outside of Washington State, if so again which dealer provides the best price?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
2,416 Posts
Can I purchase one from outside of Washington State,
Only Subaru dealers in your "market area" can sell you the Added Security Extended Service Plans...you can no longer get them from folks beyond that area. "What" your market area is depends on geography and other factors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Only Subaru dealers in your "market area" can sell you the Added Security Extended Service Plans...you can no longer get them from folks beyond that area. "What" your market area is depends on geography and other factors.
Thanks, hope someone here got a good deal from Washington State. If so please let me know.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
28 Posts
SF Bay Area Gold Plus Extended Warranty Price quotes

Passing on info from my research last couple of weeks, prior to my 2020 Touring purchase. I emailed a handful of dealers, mainly the ones that were working with me on the price of the car, to provide Ext Warranty pricing.

At the time, I was looking at 7 yr /100K $0 and $100 deductible, then asked for 10 yr/100K from Carlsen. Serramonte was willing to match at time of purchase, but did not want to match or entertain price quote after purchase date.

In the end, I decided against the Extended Warranty. Hope this helps........good luck.

Quotes July 20207yr / 100K $07 yr/ 100k $10010yr / 100K $0
Carlsen Subaru195017002150
Stevens Creek34953495
Capitol Subaru37953495

·
Registered
82 Posts
So to follow up on my search for an extended warranty in California the best deal that I was able to find was from SANGERA SUBARU in Bakersfield. They were able to get me the 10yr/100k/$0 deductible for $2050. I was pretty disappointed in the dealer at Fresno. My original quote from them was $2500. I called them up after I got my quote from Sangera to see if they could match, do better, whatever, and they just flat out refused to call me back. I get my car serviced there all the time and the service folks are fantastic but again, not too pleased with getting ghosted by sales. My wife wants to get a Subaru to replace her Honda when the time comes and based on that attitude I may just take my business down the street to a nicer dealership. Which is a bummer because I am very loyal to my local dealership generally.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone gotten quotes recently out in Northern NJ? About to (assuming dealer ever calls me back with an update on securing a 2020 in color we want) ask how much they'll charge....

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
2,416 Posts
Forum Sponsor Liberty Subaru can help you out. Contact information is in the Vendor discussion area.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
So to follow up on my search for an extended warranty in California the best deal that I was able to find was from SANGERA SUBARU in Bakersfield. They were able to get me the 10yr/100k/$0 deductible for $2050. I was pretty disappointed in the dealer at Fresno. My original quote from them was $2500. I called them up after I got my quote from Sangera to see if they could match, do better, whatever, and they just flat out refused to call me back. I get my car serviced there all the time and the service folks are fantastic but again, not too pleased with getting ghosted by sales. My wife wants to get a Subaru to replace her Honda when the time comes and based on that attitude I may just take my business down the street to a nicer dealership. Which is a bummer because I am very loyal to my local dealership generally.
I have had similar experiences at a number of dealerships in my state. IMO the finance departments appear to have a disconnect with the experience they offer the customer and the decision matrix that customer uses to initiate future sales/service with their dealership. My guess is Dan on the East coast, by offering good Gold Plus pricing brought in many new customers to the dealership. I have been quoted prices for the same gold plus product that are $1000 more than others. It is insane. I may be old but I still retain my memory. Get a clue dealers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Subaru dealerships are no longer permitted to sell outside of their areas. Their area varies depending on dealership density and population density and other factors that I am not privy to.
Is there a place where I can find a map or list of Subaru "regions"? I live in Montgomery County, MD. I know that MD, DC and Northern VA are in my region, but I have no idea how far the region extends. Would like to know my options as I shop around for an extended warranty for my '19 Ascent Touring and also for my son's '20 Outback Touring. What is the "tri-state" region that Dan from Liberty covers? There are several "tri-state" regions in the US, not sure which one is his. Around here, the "tri-state" is DE, MD and VA.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Is there a place where I can find a map or list of Subaru "regions"? I live in Montgomery County, MD. I know that MD, DC and Northern VA are in my region, but I have no idea how far the region extends. Would like to know my options as I shop around for an extended warranty for my '19 Ascent Touring and also for my son's '20 Outback Touring. What is the "tri-state" region that Dan from Liberty covers? There are several "tri-state" regions in the US, not sure which one is his. Around here, the "tri-state" is DE, MD and VA.
Just start calling dealerships for quotes, negotiate and take the lowest price. I just got my gold plus 10/100000 zero deductible for $1970. My 2019 Limited has 30,000 miles so it doesn't need to be purchased at the time of vehicle delivery. I had quotes for that plan as high as $3700. I am in Colorado and purchased the gold plus from a dealership that I do not go to for service, nor did I purchase the vehicle there.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent
62 Posts
I think here in Canada the options are a little different. I got 7yr, 80000km bumper to bumper. They knocked off $700 since it has been driven for a month by one of the sales associates. 900km and 1 month less warranty.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I think here in Canada the options are a little different. I got 7yr, 80000km bumper to bumper. They knocked off $700 since it has been driven for a month by one of the sales associates. 900km and 1 month less warranty.
I think it is hilarious to hear all the twisting the dealer reps go through to justify their gold plus pricing. The bottom line is that while the gold plus is more robust than the original warranty it startingpoint is the same date. Nothing changes Subaru's exposure if the associate drove the vehicle for one month, nor does it impact your coverage. They just wanted to make a sale which is fine.

781 - 800 of 831 Posts