Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we tend to keep our cars a while and bought the longest available 8/120,000 for our honda odyssey. it ended up paying for itself pretty quick as it was a simple extension of the factory warranty. so i see that subaru offers something similar but also know that pricing for these is negotiable. so the question is who to buy from? is there a recommended seller i should speak to or deal with dealership sales? (prefer not to)

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
longest in mileage but not years. the choice should be based on how many miles you expect to drive each year.
Search the extended warranty sections. there is plenty of very useful information about what it covers, where to purchase and how much you might be able to pay.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You do not have to buy from the same dealer or at the same time as the initial vehicle purchase. In my finance experience (on a Costco Auto Program sale), they guy immediately came way below MSRP and then pushed it lower when I hesitated. There are threads about others' pricing experiences and dealers willing play ball if yours will not.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
There are multiple existing threads about the extended service contracts that you might find helpful. But as already noted, you do not need to buy the Subaru Gold extended service contract from your selling dealer and can shop for price from any and all dealers in your market area. Subaru no longer allows sales of the contracts to buyers outside of a dealer's market area, but those market areas usually are reasonably large.

If you are in the NY/NJ/PA area, consider getting a quote from forum sponsor Liberty Subaru. The contact information is in the vendor section of this site.

Reactions: kathytn

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't know about the market limitations. Who does everyone use on the west coast? I'm in LA

There are multiple existing threads about the extended service contracts that you might find helpful. But as already noted, you do not need to buy the Subaru Gold extended service contract from your selling dealer and can shop for price from any and all dealers in your market area. Subaru no longer allows sales of the contracts to buyers outside of a dealer's market area, but those market areas usually are reasonably large.

If you are in the NY/NJ/PA area, consider getting a quote from forum sponsor Liberty Subaru. The contact information is in the vendor section of this site.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
Didn't know about the market limitations.
That was a change made in the last year...I don't recall exactly when it started.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts