Subaru Ascent Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I have never gone with an extended warranty on anything in my life, but considering it for my wife's 2021 limited.
I do all maintenance and repairs, but with the Ascent, with the complexity of the electronics and the CVT it might finally be worth it.
Has anyone had to use it and if so, how did it work out?
I have not had to use it (I do have a 10/100000/ $0 deduct, but I have never heard of any complaint regarding a filed claim under the Gold Plus. You are correct, with the cost of repairs along with their complexity, any one repair can easily reach the cost of the Gold Plus. On the other hand some who have had it have never filed a claim. It amounts to about $16/month. Remember there is a 3year overlap with the original warranty (some additional items are covered under the Gold Plus), so as an example my 10 year plan amounts to essentially a 7 year plan (even less if I drive more than 10,000 miles/year). An owner should also factor in how long they plan to own the vehicle. While an owner can recover unused value of the contract, if you plan on buying a new vehicle every 3 or so years, there would be no reason to buy the gold plus plan.

I would not advise rolling the cost of the plan into your financing since you simply would be paying interest on a larger principle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not aware of that plan, is it genuine Subaru Gold Plus? I opted for the 10/100/0 on my purchase, the dealer had a sheet with all the plan options, and I didn't see that one.

Some dealers will try to sneak in 3rd party contracts, I hope that is not the case here.
Long delay on reply! I assume it is authentic Subaru, bit will make sure before I buy anything. The Subaru web page even mentions it:
Transferable Coverage
Increase your Subaru’s resale value with plans up to 8 years, 120,000 miles and 10 years, 100,000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,590 Posts
Long delay on reply! I assume it is authentic Subaru, bit will make sure before I buy anything. The Subaru web page even mentions it:
Transferable Coverage
Increase your Subaru’s resale value with plans up to 8 years, 120,000 miles and 10 years, 100,000 miles.
Many dealers prefer to sell third party extended service contracts for much higher profit and will even verbally make it seem like it's a Subaru plan...you need to be very clear that only the Subaru Gold plan is acceptable to you. What's on YOUR paperwork is the bottom line, not marketing materials.

·
Registered
2022 Ascent Onyx, Ice Silver
263 Posts
Many dealers prefer to sell third party extended service contracts for much higher profit and will even verbally make it seem like it's a Subaru plan...you need to be very clear that only the Subaru Gold plan is acceptable to you. What's on YOUR paperwork is the bottom line, not marketing materials.
If it was shown on the official SoA website, I'm confident it is the real deal. But I agree, best to see what is on the actual sales contract! Along with my SAS Gold Plus plan, I opted for a tire & wheel protection package. When it didn't show on the mysubaru app, I inquired further...yep, third party. I had it canceled and refunded.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just verified with the dealer that it is Subaru Gold Plus. Car should be here soon!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts