Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick survey for fun to gather insight on extended warranties. By using reactions instead of replies, it's easier to see who did what and no one has to type. :)

(y) Like this post if you bought an extended warranty.

馃槏 Love the post if you had to use your extended warranty.

馃槅 Laugh at the post if you didn't buy an extended warranty.

(Please make your choice using reactions and not by posting replies with the above mentioned emoticons so the results are self counting.)

Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
Just some added input...I don't generally buy extended service contracts (which is what these actually are) on most things, but I do buy them now on tech-heavy vehicles that I plan on keeping around for awhile.

Reactions: Froglips

Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Limited 2010 Subaru Legacy GT limited
Just some added input...I don't generally buy extended service contracts (which is what these actually are) on most things, but I do buy them now on tech-heavy vehicles that I plan on keeping around for awhile.
I would have opted for the extended warranty if the price was better, when we were considering it the dealers were just locked into their geographic regions. And we passed the bumper to bumper mileage before those sales restrictions were relaxed again. Overall, I can't say I am too upset either way.

Registered
Bought a 10 year warranty ($100 deductible) for my 2019 Outback (as well as my 2019 Ascent). Infotainment system was always flaky, finally bought the farm in June. "Supply Chain Issues" (uh-huh) delayed repair until late August. I was outside the 3 year warranty, so w/o the extended warranty it would have cost me $1500 per the dealer.

As far as the cost of the warranty, I got friendly with the financial guy at the dealership- the cost to the dealer was $500. I paid $1500. On one visit I overheard in the next cubicle explaining to a new purchaser that they would pay $3000 for the warranty.

Registered
Just a quick survey for fun to gather insight on extended warranties. By using reactions instead of replies, it's easier to see who did what and no one has to type. :) (y) Like this post if you bought an extended warranty. 馃槏 Love the post if you had to use your extended warranty. 馃槅 Laugh at the post if you didn't buy an extended warranty. (Please make your choice using reactions and not by posting replies with the above mentioned emoticons so the results are self counting.)
馃槅#1 馃憤#2

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you to everyone that has or will participate. Since there are a number of replies to the post with emoticons I'll clarify. You need to be clicking on the like button of the Discussion Starter post for the total tally to be correct. :)

Font Rectangle Art Circle Electric blue

Registered
Just a quick survey for fun to gather insight on extended warranties. By using reactions instead of replies, it's easier to see who did what and no one has to type. :)

(y) Like this post if you bought an extended warranty.

馃槏 Love the post if you had to use your extended warranty.

馃槅 Laugh at the post if you didn't buy an extended warranty.

(Please make your choice using reactions and not by posting replies with the above mentioned emoticons so the results are self counting.)
Bought it and it鈥檚 crap

Registered
2023 Tesla M3P, 2020 Ascent (sold), 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
Thank you to everyone that has or will participate. Since there are a number of replies to the post with emoticons I'll clarify. You need to be clicking on the like button of the Discussion Starter post for the total tally to be correct. :)

View attachment 18575
Tapping that button immediately likes (thumbs up) it, thus leaving out the other two options...

Super Moderator
Tapping that button immediately likes (thumbs up) it, thus leaving out the other two options...
Hover over it for all the selections.

Super Moderator
Instead of tapping try to touch and hold until the options come up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts