Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased a 2021 from the local AutoNation dealership. During the financing part, I was under the impression I was buying the Subaru Extended Warranty, but looking back through the paperwork now, its AutoNation's Vehicle Protection Program. I was misled, but ultimately its on me. I wasn't given any collateral other than calling it VPP on the final financing signoff.

With that being said, are there any AutoNation customers in here that have had experience with their VPP? Should I try and fight for a refund and switch it to the Subaru Gold Plus?

I went with the extended warranty because of all the tech and new turbo 2.4.

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Get a refund and get Subaru Gold Plus.

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Writing them now. Anyone have a ballpark price +- 100 or so of what the Gold Plus should cost?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,880 Posts
Writing them now. Anyone have a ballpark price +- 100 or so of what the Gold Plus should cost?
Geography and milage/time/deductible specific...you'll have to query dealers in your marketing area for quotes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I was able to switch it over. AutoNation initially said they refused to sell the Subaru Gold Plus, but 10 minutes later they changed their mind :rolleyes: They swapped it over. Anyone think I can call Subaru to verify my vehicle is under their Gold Plus warranty?

·
Registered
109 Posts
You might try the following: If you have the MySubaru app on your phone, open this app and click on "Support". Then click on "24-Hour Roadside Assistance". My app then correctly shows that I have the "New Gold Plus 8yr/80,000 $100 Deductible" coverage. Of course it may take some time for Subaru to get your Gold Plus coverage into their system.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Thanks. I was able to switch it over. AutoNation initially said they refused to sell the Subaru Gold Plus, but 10 minutes later they changed their mind :rolleyes: They swapped it over. Anyone think I can call Subaru to verify my vehicle is under their Gold Plus warranty?
Why didn't you ask them for a copy of the signed gold plus contract? I have a copy of all contracts I am a party to. Of course call Subaru of America and ask them for a copy that declares you are covered by the gold plus and the term of the plan.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Never, never, never allow yourself to be rushed at any contract signing. Always read every written word. Do not simply accept the other party's word on what is written or what it means. I have walked out of contract signing meetings for house refinancing when I noticed some specific term had been changed from the original submittal. They offered to change it it back to what it was supposed to be but I refused to do business with them due to their hidden attempt. I once walked out of a data recovery store because I had a concern with a clause in the contract they were asking me to sign. They explained they never enforce that clause. I said great then we are in agreement so let's cross it out and initial and date it. They refused and I walked. Only the written contract matters and it binds both signators, so know the terms you will be held to. If they do not have the patience for you to read it in the office, tell them you will take it home and review it. If they do not like that. Then walk. If you need assistance with understanding a term then either reference a clarifying document or ask an attorney to review it. Just be glad this was Subaru versus some independent used car dealer.. Once you have a signed gold plus plan contract in your hands,, I would write SOA and Auto Nation headquarters to tell them why you will not be bringing your new vehicle into a AutoNation dealership for service.. The dealership's sales tactics to increase their short term profit cost them a customer and long term repeated profit.

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Verify coverage with Subaru of America, get a copy of the contract and terms, and let Subaru of America know about your dealings with AutoNation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts