Subaru Ascent Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just received an available accessory list from my dealer (without prices). One thing that stuck out was "additional USB ports". This is for the Limited model I ordered. I don't think that was noted on the other lists I'd seen.
The Limited comes with 6 USB ports. The additional USB ports adds 2 more ports to bring you up to the Touring’s total of 8. I’m waiting to hear back from my dealership if any of those 6 are located in the third row.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring CWP
170 Posts
So the auto dimming side mirrors are a dealer installed accessory? Is this just something like replacing the glass mirror? Are they prewired or something?
I've had the mirrors on my two Outbacks, they use the same technology as the auto-dim rear view mirror. I can't speak to the construction. I don't know how easy it is to install them after purchase.

·
Registered
598 Posts
So the auto dimming side mirrors are a dealer installed accessory? Is this just something like replacing the glass mirror? Are they prewired or something?
I’m 95% sure they are pre wired but not sure if it’s the whole mirror assembly or just the glass they swap. We have these on our ‘15 Outback and they are great. They work off the rear view mirror. If it dims the side mirrors do too.
If you order them with the pre order I believe they will be factory installed - since this is made in Indiana I don’t believe a VDC is involved in that process like the Japanese built models.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Nice find schassey! that's not hard to do at all. I am paying what subaru online parts is charging for just the part with my order so in my case it just makes sense to have it installed for me. For those paying more I can see just getting the part at a discount and installing yourself.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Huh?

Exterior auto dimming mirrors with approach lighting can be ordered on one. The only thing I can't order on one right now, because it won't let me add them to new orders, are the crossrails for the roof. And if you can't put those on yourself ... :devil:

You can put exterior auto dimming mirrors on anything we have, as long as it has the interior auto dimming mirror. It takes my service guys about 20 minutes to do both sides.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I believe I've mentioned this as well on here, in addition to on the Outback forum. We went with two fobs after only having one fob do everything because the one fob system is worthless for distance.

So we're going for functionality for our customers, rather than style and not actually working. Which would you prefer we do?
Does the engine stay on when you open the door after remote started?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Personally, I hate it. My use case is either cooling/warming the car for kids (babies) -- in which case opening a door to get them in immediately kills the source of heat/AC. Or I use it to melt ice/snow in the winter and warm the engine, but as soon as I open the trunk to get the scraper it goes off. It may be nonsense, but I always worried that it was putting strain on the starter.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My neighbor across the street had his car stolen while warming it up one morning. Not a high crime suburb. So I think of that if I open that car door and then engine turns off. I'd rather have that inconvenience than a stolen car.

Reactions: Carl Abrams

·
Registered
120 Posts
So I got an email back from Subaru customer service in regards to the trailer hitch and remote start. This is the body of the email:

In regards to the trailer hitch, the accessory you ordered is the female end that bolts to the vehicle itself. This is the correct accessory for attaching a bike rack to.

In regards to the remote start, I confirmed that your vehicle needs the remote start system installed in order to use Starlink to remote start the vehicle. There is wiring and other components that need to be in the vehicle for this system to work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure if this has been posted yet. The Canadian Pricing has been announced.
https://www.newswire.ca/news-releas...lers-across-canada-this-summer-674960243.html

Some changes from the US spec. The Touring isn't the top of the line model in Canada....It's the Premier.

The 2019 Subaru Ascent will arrive at Subaru dealers across Canada this summer.

Model

Convenience $35,995

Touring $40,995

Touring w/Captain's Chairs*$41,495* * * **

Limited$46,495

Limited w/Captain's Chairs $46,995

Premier $49,995

So pricing not bad for Canada. The Premier seems to be the equivalent of the Touring in the US.

·
Registered
598 Posts
So I got an email back from Subaru customer service in regards to the trailer hitch and remote start. This is the body of the email:

In regards to the trailer hitch, the accessory you ordered is the female end that bolts to the vehicle itself. This is the correct accessory for attaching a bike rack to.

In regards to the remote start, I confirmed that your vehicle needs the remote start system installed in order to use Starlink to remote start the vehicle. There is wiring and other components that need to be in the vehicle for this system to work.
I just got the same message back from SOA customer service regarding the remote start accessory:
"You do need to order the accessory.

There is a fee for the Starlink subscription (which allows you to use all of the remote services). The vehicle would come with a 6 month free trial and then you can extend the service with a yearly subscription. If you do not subscribe to the Safety and Security Plus service, then you can just use the stand alone fob to start the vehicle."

·
Administrator
12,501 Posts
I just got the same message back from SOA customer service regarding the remote start accessory:
"You do need to order the accessory.

There is a fee for the Starlink subscription (which allows you to use all of the remote services). The vehicle would come with a 6 month free trial and then you can extend the service with a yearly subscription. If you do not subscribe to the Safety and Security Plus service, then you can just use the stand alone fob to start the vehicle."
In the US, I'd suggest getting the three year initial package as it's steeply discounted over the normal year to year rate. I've been told by a very reputable dealership that the package is $249 for the first 3 years if purchased at the time of vehicle purchase, and $149 a year subsequently.

·
Registered
598 Posts
In the US, I'd suggest getting the three year initial package as it's steeply discounted over the normal year to year rate. I've been told by a very reputable dealership that the package is $249 for the first 3 years if purchased at the time of vehicle purchase, and $149 a year subsequently.
I plan to purchase along with the vehicle if the pricing holds true but does that mean the pricing listed in the remote start thread is wrong?
Ascent w/STARLINK Safety & Security Plus Introductory Pricing: (PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

Monthly: 4.95
3 Years: 74.95
4 Years: 149.90
5 Years: 224.90
6 Years: 299.90
7 Years: 374.90

·
Registered
764 Posts
I plan to purchase along with the vehicle if the pricing holds true but does that mean the pricing listed in the remote start thread is wrong?
Ascent w/STARLINK Safety & Security Plus Introductory Pricing: (PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

Monthly: 4.95
3 Years: 74.95
4 Years: 149.90
5 Years: 224.90
6 Years: 299.90
7 Years: 374.90

Both are correct, but referring to different packages. If you want ONLY the remote start the prices are correct. If you want the remote start and the other services provided by Starlink you can pay the $249.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you all think there will be any significant decline in pricing on the 2019 Ascents within the next month or two with the 2020s beginning to arrive? We were quoted $37,500 at our local dealer for a 2019 black on black premium with navigation and sunroof package. MSRP was $40 or $41k I believe. They told us they couldn’t come down anymore from the $37,500 price. However, we didn’t try negotiating because we weren’t buying that day anyways. My wife loves the car but I want to make sure we get the best price we possibly can so just trying to determine if it’s worth holding off for another month or so.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Do you all think there will be any significant decline in pricing on the 2019 Ascents within the next month or two with the 2020s beginning to arrive? We were quoted $37,500 at our local dealer for a 2019 black on black premium with navigation and sunroof package. MSRP was $40 or $41k I believe. They told us they couldn’t come down anymore from the $37,500 price. However, we didn’t try negotiating because we weren’t buying that day anyways. My wife loves the car but I want to make sure we get the best price we possibly can so just trying to determine if it’s worth holding off for another month or so.
Most of the 2019 will be gone by the time they start to see decent inventory on the 20's. I dont even know if we will see much of a rate drop next month. Down here the local dealer went from 18 to 3 2019's in a month and they aren't even discounting that much. Just more than they have been.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.