Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I took my new born son home in the Ascent from the hospital! This was the purpose of buying it. On top of that I had previously ordered some parts (all weather mats, rear trunk and back seat protectors) and got a call to pick'em up. Installed them as well.. so a great day!

250 miles and counting on my Ascent. Everything working great.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring CWP
170 Posts
Congrats. That’s exciting all around for sure.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Congratulations on your new little prince! So exciting! The days are long (and nights with newborns in particular) but the years really are short. We’re getting the Ascent for our sons, too, but we are on the opposite end of the spectrum- 12 and nearly 16- so our summer road trips are numbered. Enjoy the beginning of your journeys together!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Congrats and all the safety features such as lane keep and adaptive cruise control will really help when you are on long trips and he wakes up in the back seat. I know a lot of people complain about people on cell phones but people with kids also tend to have more accidents due to being distracted.

How do you like the seat back protectors? I was debating on getting these but haven't pulled the trigger.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congrats and all the safety features such as lane keep and adaptive cruise control will really help when you are on long trips and he wakes up in the back seat. I know a lot of people complain about people on cell phones but people with kids also tend to have more accidents due to being distracted.

How do you like the seat back protectors? I was debating on getting these but haven't pulled the trigger.

If you have the cargo mat, the seat back protector is essential as it converts to a cargo mat when the 3rd row is down.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats. That’s exciting all around for sure.
Congratulations on your new little prince! So exciting! The days are long (and nights with newborns in particular) but the years really are short. We’re getting the Ascent for our sons, too, but we are on the opposite end of the spectrum- 12 and nearly 16- so our summer road trips are numbered. Enjoy the beginning of your journeys together!
Congrats! I'm jealous - my child was born last week and Subaru still hasn't assigned me a VIN. Expected delivery date is still "sometime in August."
Congratulations! ?
Our son is due in October which will be our third and like you this is the main reason I’m getting the Ascent.

Thanks!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

It's pretty nice because we fold the 3rd seat down. You have to slide it in to install it and then use the Velcro that is provided to secure it down. Pretty easy, also comes with two rubber pieces that protects between the trunk mat and the back seat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts