Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! First (ok, MAYBE 2nd) time poster :)

After snooping on this forum, I saw some pretty positive post about dealing with Dan Meloa at Liberty Subaru in NJ. Even though I was pretty deep in my research and receiving proposals from other dealerships, I decided to reach out. Boy, am I glad I did!

Dan was incredibly responsive. As I was able to sign up for the Subaru VIP program (THANK YOU TO THE POSTER WHO MENTIONED THE PENNSYLVANIA HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY!), Dan immediately replied with an offer that EXCEEDED the VIP discount.

As I waffled through myriad configurations, he didnt hesitate to adjust his offer. Even when it came time to make a decision, and he could not match my very unique situation (existing lease I needed to get out of, and the numbers didnt work with that factored in), he actually provided advice for 'gotchas' to be aware of when finalizing my deal. WAY above and beyond the call of duty. I am truly sad that I couldnt make a deal with him-- on the car alone, he was on point.

Contrast that with my local dealer, who quoted an incorrect residual (only too happy to correct when I told them I had an offer for $100/month LESS than their offer) and only $500 under MSRP.-- Dan was a DREAM to deal with.

If my deal falls through (too good to be true? maybe, but I also respect the dealer I am going with and dont think that will be the case), I will certainly reach out to Dan. In three years, when my lease is up again, I will see if he is still out there. Good sales managers are hard to find. Call Dan.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is Dan's page on the forum

1 - 2 of 2 Posts