Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Β·
Super Moderator
3,214 Posts
^ To add to that -

Remember that sun exposure can also drastically affect pressures.

Take a pressure reading (using your manual "hand" gauge) after about 15 minutes. You'll see significant pressure differences between the shaded versus sun-exposed sides.

Another fun and quick experiment -now that you know the reason why- would be to take a quick left- or right-handed turns only trip "around the block." Monitor your TPMS as you do so, and you'll see how the different loads experienced by the different tires manifests as observable pressure changes.

I'm OCD - I'm a nerdy benchtop research scientist by trade and training - so you can imagine how the kind of readings you pictured bothers me. ...
I've seen what @TSiWRX mentioned happen in my Ascent on TPMS display page. My left tires are almost always more inflated than my right tires when I leave work due to the position in which I park relative to the sun. They usually balance out after a few miles. Driving south on I-95 on a bright summer day both of my left tires were reading higher than the rights. On long curved offramps that I usually drive too fast on I've noted the pressures change with the front outside tire's pressure going up and the rear inside tire's pressure going down. Also being slightly self-diagnosed OCD it bothers me if they're not all the same for a prolonged period of time :ROFLMAO:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts