Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anybody else get there eta pushed out. First told me 7/20. Just yesterday they now say 8/17.
Same here, was quoted 7/23 now it's 8/17 also, I have ascents around me and willing to buy higher trim (Ordered white limited 7 seat black leather) but no white

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine too. Was 7/24 now 8/17. Our dealer said some colors seem to be taking longer? I just hope they are fixing all the bugs from the first wave...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had an original ETA of 7/17 talked to SOA on 7/16 and mine was pushed back to mid August with no exact date.
Mine too. Was 7/24 now 8/17. Our dealer said some colors seem to be taking longer? I just hope they are fixing all the bugs from the first wave...

Well, this sucks.. my original ETA was 7/17.. then it was pushed back to 7/25. Now Subaru of America's response is.
Thank you for your email. I am showing the ETA for your vehicle is the month of July 2018. However as the time gets closer you can speak with your retailer about the details.
I started contacting because the sales person isn't very responsive (took nearly 2 weeks to answer a couple questions about purchase process and extended warranties).

·
Registered
12 Posts
yes we did too. But after reading problems of different things on these ascents, we got cold feet and also had our car sold and needed another car sooner then the 17th (didn't want to loose the sale of our car). We bought a 2018 Subaru Outback in pearl white touring model...drove it home today. Love it so far. If in future we see the ascent is getting things fixed and working out good being all new and all then we might upgrade...but we had to get something now. From what I have read most people with the outback loved them. Hope we did good on our choice today...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes, I received the notice of "Month of Aug" (originally July) from my Mar pre-order of a blue touring. Still Waiting, We are not really in a dire need of a new vehicle, but it still sucks waiting even longer.

·
Registered
357 Posts
yes we did too. But after reading problems of different things on these ascents, we got cold feet and also had our car sold and needed another car sooner then the 17th (didn't want to loose the sale of our car). We bought a 2018 Subaru Outback in pearl white touring model...drove it home today. Love it so far. If in future we see the ascent is getting things fixed and working out good being all new and all then we might upgrade...but we had to get something now. From what I have read most people with the outback loved them. Hope we did good on our choice today...
you won't regret it, we have one and love it dearly, only getting rid of it for the extra room.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Mine as well was pushed back, from July to August ( per soa August is very vague )

Also a touring

·
Registered
245 Posts
I had an original ETA of 7/16/18 now pushed out to 8/17/18. It seems like a lot of 8/17/18 ETA's. What's up with that?

Maybe it has something to do with some of the issues (turbo) that some folks here already posted, and Subaru wanted to get ahead of a potential problem, that they're taking some time to inspect/correct potential issues. Just maybe...

·
Registered
253 Posts
I tell you what kiddos. I am getting pretty frustrated. I ordered in mid-April and still don't have a VIN. (I call SOA every Monday) They are now telling me 'end of August'. I keep reading about people that ordered after me that seem to be getting VINs and Vehicles. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

I know once it gets here, the wait wont mean anything but, uuuggggggg!

·
Registered
590 Posts
I tell you what kiddos. I am getting pretty frustrated. I ordered in mid-April and still don't have a VIN. They are now telling me 'end of August'. I keep reading about people that ordered after me that seem to be getting VINs and Vehicles. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

I know once it gets here, the wait wont mean anything but, uuuggggggg!
I like to tell myself that they got a VIN because they were assigned one a dealer was already getting... lol

It’s so frustrating knowing we ordered beginning of May and like you see people ordering in June and have Aug. delivery. We are still at month of Sept and our dealership we were the very first preorder! They have no clue why they didn’t have any allocated for July or Aug. or that’s what they are telling me.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I ordered the Touring on April 24th with an ETA of 8/2. I called this morning and they finally had a VIN and new ETA is 8/10. She warned me that the date could be pretty unreliable.

I have no VIN and have you beat by a month on ordering, UGH

1 - 20 of 26 Posts