Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it seems like several of us all have this same delivery date. Is Subaru doing a mass shipping next week?? Haha! I feel like they just made up a date for everybody and we might not all get them. Just letting myself down so I can be surprised next week! Hahahahaha!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Checked with my salesman today and he said mine is still due to arrive on the 31st as well...we'll see if that holds true.

·
Registered
584 Posts
So it seems like several of us all have this same delivery date. Is Subaru doing a mass shipping next week?? Haha! I feel like they just made up a date for everybody and we might not all get them. Just letting myself down so I can be surprised next week! Hahahahaha!

Funny, when I saw the title of this link, I was going to click on it and make the same comment about everyone having an 8/31 delivery date! I'm one of them.

·
Registered
411 Posts
As someone who has their date of Mid to End September. I hate you all.

Kidding. I hope you all get them ON or BEFORE the 31st.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was pushed back to the 31st too. I spent a good hour on the phone yesterday with SOA customer support and got nowhere. The customer service rep wasn't able to give me any information and was quick to try and blame my dealership. All she kept saying was the 31st isn't far and I don't have to wait much longer. I explained that waiting wasn't the problem, the problem was the moving ETA. I asked if she was guaranteeing the 31st and of course she couldn't.

Oh well, just gotta be a little more patient and believe it will all be worth it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Subaru has squandered a lot of customer good will by reporting an 'Estimated Arrival' date that has no basis in reality. My Touring model was manufactured on 7/25 and marked as 'completed' on 8/3 with an estimated arrival date of 8/6. That was pushed to 8/14, then 8/22, now 8/31. It's frustrating to anticipate a delivery and keep days open in your schedule so delivery can occur within a week only to have your plans dashed time after time.

After the car failed to arrive on the 14th, I just took it for granted that SoA estimated dates could not be counted on. Now I really don't care if it shows up or not because I'm leaving on a trip I've been planning for a year and a half and will not be available to accept delivery until late September. I expect there is a 60/40 chance it will be here when I get back, but I wouldn't stake my life on it.

I've been following my dealer's deliveries via Cassens Transport and it looks to me like cars built in Japan are getting delivery priority over shipments from Lafayette, possibly because Subaru has to pay to stage the cars at a railhead. Just a guess. I'm also guessing that Cassens lacks the resources to meet the demand and SoA has been slow to enter into agreements with other shippers that could fill the gap.

It's also possible that the person updating the schedule is just a sick b*****d that enjoys keeping us on the emotional rollercoaster :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Subaru has squandered a lot of customer good will by reporting an 'Estimated Arrival' date that has no basis in reality. My Touring model was manufactured on 7/25 and marked as 'completed' on 8/3 with an estimated arrival date of 8/6. That was pushed to 8/14, then 8/22, now 8/31. It's frustrating to anticipate a delivery and keep days open in your schedule so delivery can occur within a week only to have your plans dashed time after time.

After the car failed to arrive on the 14th, I just took it for granted that SoA estimated dates could not be counted on. Now I really don't care if it shows up or not because I'm leaving on a trip I've been planning for a year and a half and will not be available to accept delivery until late September. I expect there is a 60/40 chance it will be here when I get back, but I wouldn't stake my life on it.

I've been following my dealer's deliveries via Cassens Transport and it looks to me like cars built in Japan are getting delivery priority over shipments from Lafayette, possibly because Subaru has to pay to stage the cars at a railhead. Just a guess. I'm also guessing that Cassens lacks the resources to meet the demand and SoA has been slow to enter into agreements with other shippers that could fill the gap.

It's also possible that the person updating the schedule is just a sick b*****d that enjoys keeping us on the emotional rollercoaster :)

SIA confirmed that i was parts shortages in conjunction with more stringent quality checks that have caused the delay...but that their employees are working 7 day weeks to get caught up. Most of the time (nearly every shipment I've seen) the ETA is further away than the actual delivery of vehicles to the dealership i work at.

It's very rare that a new product launch goes without a few hiccups here and there, if a weld non-issue and a slight back log are the worst things we see then it will have gone pretty smoothly imo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I talked to SOA today and was incredibly impressed by the customer service person today. She was able to tell me that my Touring was placed on a train on Aug 20th and is currently showing on-time delivery to port in Rhode Island on Aug 31. Then she went further to say that the distributor has the car scheduled for delivery to the dealer the week of Sept 10. So finally I have a relatively firm update on the movement of my Touring. So can't wait. So they must be getting caught up as my original delivery date was Aug 6.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Isn’t the delivery “window” generally considered a week before or after the ETA? Not weeks or months.....?
sure, if they don't have unexpected recalls and parts shortages. The past few weeks haven't been 'normal' circumstances for Subaru, as they've rolled out a new model line, dealt with a potentially serious issue, and dealt with 3rd party parts shortages.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I talked to SOA today and was incredibly impressed by the customer service person today. She was able to tell me that my Touring was placed on a train on Aug 20th and is currently showing on-time delivery to port in Rhode Island on Aug 31. Then she went further to say that the distributor has the car scheduled for delivery to the dealer the week of Sept 10. So finally I have a relatively firm update on the movement of my Touring. So can't wait. So they must be getting caught up as my original delivery date was Aug 6.

Yours went by train, Lots of us are by truck. I understand if it's "within 2 states bordering" that it goes by truck. Hope we all get them real soon!:smile:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yours went by train, Lots of us are by truck. I understand if it's "within 2 states bordering" that it goes by truck. Hope we all get them real soon!
I believe most of the mid and south atlantic are all truck. I know Georgia, and I believe FL are all shipped by truck, as is SC, NC, and I think VA as well.
Wait, so SOA when I called said mine would go by rail then truck to NC so that is wrong info?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts