1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Subaru Admits to Falsifying Data Related to Safety Standards and Procedures - The Drive

I am going to be buying my first Subaru soon. Based on the wonderful reviews that folks here had, it appeared Subaru is a different sort of company. I am disappointed after reading that article.

I just hope SIA is not like that and Ascent in indeed well made.
Article says that vehicles made in the USA are not affected. At least there is that... But yeah not a good look at all. Will wait for more info to come out.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sounds more like factory supervisor level shenanigans than a corporate scandal. Heads are probably rolling in Gunma right now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds more like factory supervisor level shenanigans than a corporate scandal. Heads are probably rolling in Gunma right now.
I agree with this. The VW fiasco sounded like corporate initiated it. This was just assembly-line folks taking matters into their own hands when vehicles weren't quite close enough to pass.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Article says that vehicles made in the USA are not affected. At least there is that... But yeah not a good look at all. Will wait for more info to come out.
It actually states:
"A Subaru spokesperson told The Drive these issues are not related to any vehicles produced for the U.S. market.

Essentially any car that is sold in the U.S is not included in this, not just the cars produced in the U.S. That is good news for us. In addition, I do believe that it is good Subaru has stepped up and admitted fault, especially if they isolated the issue and brought it to the public's attention and it wasn't reported elsewhere 1st.

·
Registered
764 Posts
This causes absolutely zero worry in my mind. All it says is the factory reported that cars stopped sooner than they really did... so instead of stopping at 50 ft like the report may indicate, it stops at 53 ft... nbd

·
Registered
932 Posts
Mod Edit: Thread is being locked because this was discussed at length in another thread. Use the search feature. This affected a handful of vehicles sold in Japan, to the best of my knowledge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.