Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Overall I feel like the seating in this car is uncomfortable. The driver's seat is ok, but the telescoping wheel is insufficient. I like to drive lower, and back, and the wheel only goes in an upward position when you pull it out.

Please give the passenger's seat more adjustable seating!

In the second row, I hate that there is a gap between the edge of the seat and the door. I guess they needed to do this to let passengers into the third row? I wish the seats in the second row were deeper and had a better, more natural slant to them. The way the seating is now, it really does feel like you are sitting on a "bench".

·
Registered
313 Posts
... I wish the seats in the second row were deeper and had a better, more natural slant to them. The way the seating is now, it really does feel like you are sitting on a "bench".
One of several reasons we went for captains chairs instead of bench. The bench does fold flatter, but one of the reasons is there is less padding and contouring.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Don’t the captains chairs and bench recline the same? I mean, when you put the seat back into the upright position they lock in at the same angle, no? Most cars with fold down seats snap back at a very upright angle. You just have to manually recline to get a little more comfortable.

10-way power passenger seats can be had if you move upmarket. We’re driving $32k cars optioned up to $40-50k in many cases. Perhaps one of the value leaders like Hyundai or Kia offer more seat adjustment. They tend to give lots of features for mainstream prices.

As far as comfort, the bench kinda looks like two captains chairs that are “filled in” between them. The outboard positions look pretty comfy to me but I never tried them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.