Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I like my music, and I like it loud. Unfortunately, I'm awful at tuning stereos. I love great sound, but I have no idea how to tune it.

I tend to listen to hard rock mostly... whether 70s or new stuff.

Where do folks with similar musical tastes have their bass, mid and treble set on their EQs?

·
Registered
275 Posts
So, I like my music, and I like it loud. Unfortunately, I'm awful at tuning stereos. I love great sound, but I have no idea how to tune it.

I tend to listen to hard rock mostly... whether 70s or new stuff.

Where do folks with similar musical tastes have their bass, mid and treble set on their EQs?
For what it's worth I have bass at 5, mid and treble both at 4. I feel like if bass goes much higher it starts to get distorted.

Reactions: sloheim

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here is the settings that I have currently on my Ascent premium: bass at 7, mid at 0, and treble at 1. If you crank the volume up to about 20-21 it sounds real good. And this is not the Harmon Kardon head unit. I play a good bit of classic rock as well (Boston, journey, the police, foreigner, etc.)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have the harmon Audio and I have bass at 5 mid and 3 and treble and 3. Overall the system sounds great in the car, but when using regular radio stations its not as great.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Finally got the Ascent to myself and was able to crank up the Harmon Karden sound. I was able to find the surround sound and turned it on..cranked the bass, treble, and mid range way up, and found the sweet spot for driver only..It kicks ass!!! If I ever forget to turn the volume down before the wife gets in it..I'm a deadman.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I promised to give some readings with a calibrated microphone, but I haven’t gotten around to it. I consider myself a bit of an audiophile, for what it’s worth—here are my two cents.

On the stock Premium, with some brief tests with my own ears with the fader dead center, I’ve settled on the setting: Bass +2, Mid 0, Treble -3. Yes, that’s minus 3 for treble. There are some higher frequencies that are jumping out at me that I think are difficult to wrangle with the lack of EQ settings. It’s not perfect but I’ve been pretty happy with this so far. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

A couple of other things to note:

- this is the best base stereo I’ve heard in a Subaru by far
- keep in mind that the speakers have to break in a bit, so your settings might change over time. I’ve already noticed a slight increase in bass response, might have to bring it down a notch.
- genre of music and your age/hearing loss can play a big part with your settings, ymmv.

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
High|Mid|High, and then I tweaked all the individual volume settings in the Sound tab in the head unit settings.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I started this thread, and I'm pretty much dead on with @lassetjus. I'm at bass 5, mid 3, treble 4.

As I stated earlier, I'm mostly a hard-rock kinda guy... but there is a small amount of techno that I like... and man, I gotta say, that stuff sounds awesome in this car. I'm very impressed with the bass that comes out of this system.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Harman Kardon system; setting is -1 bass, -2 mid, -2 treble. The treble and bass frequency on HK is a bit much so had to dial it down a bit and I found that at lower volume (5-10) these settings work better. I also have surround "on" as well. Mainly use with CarPlay and Android Auto.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts