Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen something like this before and/or have any advice? It just clicked off while driving down the road and won't come back on.

Tried turning the car on and off multiple times... accessory mode, start and stop, etc. Checked about 30 minutes later and still on the fritz. Everything else is working perfectly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that didn't work. Just got out to the car and tried holding the button in for various amounts of time. 20 seconds, 30 seconds. Longer... and still blinking wildly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone seen something like this before and/or have any advice? It just clicked off while driving down the road and won't come back on.

Tried turning the car on and off multiple times... accessory mode, start and stop, etc. Checked about 30 minutes later and still on the fritz. Everything else is working perfectly.

Just got my amplifier replaced - known problem with Harmann Karden

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Just got my amplifier replaced - known problem with Harmann Karden
Alas, this is different. The head unit is flashing, stuck in an initialization loop.

@NPS13 I'd try disconnecting the positive battery cable, turn the headlights on, wait ten minutes, turn off the headlights and reconnect the cable.

Regardless, I'd have it checked out.

The head unit is just a Linux computer (like virtually all smart head units nowadays, simply some form of computer with Linux or Android (form of Linux) or some other computer OS), and just like our laptops and desktops, sometimes they lock up.

Usually, they'll reload a fixed software profile from non volatile storage, but sometimes some setting gets messed up causing a crash or reboot loop.

In your case, I suspect it's more than that, because it is looping very early on, as if it can't even get the boot loader working.

So, since trying to reboot it didn't work, if pulling power doesn't (likely it won't), then I am pretty sure you will need a new one (unless they find a damaged harness). Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.