Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On 2 occasions when I have received a text message and a call, I cannot clear the incoming call and this locks up everything - Apps, radio, media. etc. The only way to clear it is to stop for a while until the system resets. Is there a software fix for this? I do a lot of long distance driving and have to find a rest stop or other safe place to stop. Very aggravating.

·
Registered
74 Posts
When it happens to me I hold the power button on the radio knob until it shuts off and. Restarts it’s annoying but works for me

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Hi, some questions for both @Lee Davis and @Dali

• What firmware versions are you running? Settings->General-System Information
  • Text messages and calls through what interface?
    • Built in?
    • Starlink app? (please delete that from your phone if installed)
    • Android Auto?
    • Carplay?
  • What size head unit (6.5" or 8") do you have?
  • Do you have a native Navigation capable head unit? (you'll have a Maps button if you do)

·
Registered
2019 Ascent
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

• Built in?
    • Android Auto?
    • Carplay?
  • Do you have a native Navigation capable head unit? (you'll have a Maps button if you do)
Firmware = Rel4.18.11.50
Note: Automatically check for updates and Automatically download updates are both OFF. Should they be ON?
I am using Carplay.
6.5" screen
I do not have Navigation

Lee

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
"Firmware = Rel4.18.11.50"

Hi Lee, You have an original 2019 Subaru Ascent, and the original firmware. Your problems are all resolved with a firmware update. You may have to ask your dealership to do the first one. After that, you can connect your car's head unit to your home wifi, and manually check for updates, and then turn on automatic updates.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Firmware = Rel4.18.11.50"

Hi Lee, You have an original 2019 Subaru Ascent, and the original firmware. Your problems are all resolved with a firmware update. You may have to ask your dealership to do the first one. After that, you can connect your car's head unit to your home wifi, and manually check for updates, and then turn on automatic updates.
Thanks!
Appreciate your help.
Am contributor to National Parks but will make special donation in your link.
Lee

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Thanks!
Appreciate your help.
Am contributor to National Parks but will make special donation in your link.
Lee
Thank you so much for that, Lee!!! I really appreciate it! I'm almost always around, here or on FB, if you run into any other problems.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
Robert - Just an FYI, I've had this happen a couple of times in the past few days where a text notification can't be dismissed immediately.

2019 8" with nav on the current firmware, no car play, iPhone over Bluetooth.

Since I was driving I couldn't fiddle around much but I remember that neither the touch screen Cancel or any physical buttons would work right away, but one of the buttons did eventually respond after a while and I got my nav screen back.

Since I haven't been driving much I don't get many text messages in the car any more, but I don't think this happened on older versions.

I was planning on doing some more research the next time it happens but since it was mentioned tonight decided to make you aware off it.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
2019 8" with nav on the current firmware, no car play, iPhone over Bluetooth.
That's a combo I haven't tried yet. Hmmm. August 2020 software?

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
I'll pair and test with my iPhone some time next week. Do you have an Apple watch?
No, my wife and I both just have iPhone XRs paired over Bluetooth, my driver profile is listed first so my phone is connected when we are both in the car since I usually drive when we are together, her profile is active when she is driving alone. That has always worked well and still does under the newest software.

Thanks for looking into this Robert!

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
74 Posts
No, my wife and I both just have iPhone XRs paired over Bluetooth, my driver profile is listed first so my phone is connected when we are both in the car since I usually drive when we are together, her profile is active when she is driving alone. That has always worked well and still does under the newest software.

Thanks for looking into this Robert!
QUOTE="Robert.Mauro, post: 146509, member: 877"]

• Built in?
    • Android Auto?
    • Carplay?
[/QUOTE]

• Built in?
    • Android Auto?
    • Carplay?

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
You're due for an update too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.