Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Thank you, these are interesting tires. I probably would have gotten something like this for the Ascent had they been available at the time as opposed to getting dedicated winter wheels and tires. On my performance cars that I use year round, I'm still sticking to dedicated winters and summers.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
This is the perfect time to consider those tires. My friends at @Discount Tire just posted this!

Get a $70 Prepaid Mastercard by mail when you purchase a set of four(4) Michelin Tires through December 14th!!! In store, OR Direct!!! :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
My son purchased these tires for his Forester and they're incredible. He's already driven on snow with them and he says that they grip as well as his winter tires did.

He purchased them months ago and said that they're also excellent in dry and wet warmer conditions and are quiet as well with little road noise. He loves them.

And I can tell you they look awesome.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My son purchased these tires for his Forester and they're incredible. He's already driven on snow with them and he says that they grip as well as his winter tires did.

He purchased them months ago and said that they're also excellent in dry and wet warmer conditions and are quiet as well with little road noise. He loves them.

And I can tell you they look awesome.
Good to know. My one concern was ride quality and road nose with these tires. I usually go with Coopers for this reason when replacing original tires.

Thought I would need new tires for this winter but with the CV, I've only driven about 2,000 miles this year instead the usual 11,000 miles.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
I'm considering them for my 11,000 miles Alaska/Pacific Northwest National Parks road trip in 2022. I'm thinking I will need to swap tires in Vancouver Washington (US side) to snow, and then head up from there... swapping back to all terrains when I get back.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm considering them for my 11,000 miles Alaska/Pacific Northwest National Parks road trip in 2022. I'm thinking I will need to swap tires in Vancouver Washington (US side) to snow, and then head up from there... swapping back to all terrains when I get back.
Side note;
Do you have a thread about this trip? We are considering such ourselves. Not sure if we'll take the Ascent or my truck w/Lance camper.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Side note;
Do you have a thread about this trip? We are considering such ourselves. Not sure if we'll take the Ascent or my truck w/Lance camper.
Not yet. I've done very limited planning. I'm currently planning the first four on this list... next trips are:
  • Jan 1-2: NJ Pine Barrens off-roading
  • Jan 14-17: Make-A-Wish 1,000 mile charity drive (starting on NY/NJ border, touring Northern, Central and Western NY with outdoor only events)
  • Feb 11-15: Silver Lake Sand Dunes (weather permitting)
  • May 14-31: Moab Utah, Northern Arizona
  • Fall 2021: Big Bend National Park, Texas
  • ??? 2022: Alaska via PNW
But, I'll post all the details as soon as I get that far (for each of them).

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Something to consider is that the Cross Climates are directional tires and can’t be rotated in the (X) pattern recommended by Subaru.
I've already carefully checked into this with Michelin. You simply rotate front to back on the same side. Michelin says this is not an issue with the tire warranty or tire wear on these tires nor is there ever any need to dismount the tires for rotation.

The Subaru X pattern rotation is simply a suggestion for non-directional tires. It does not apply to directional tires which are becoming more commonplace as better performance tires such as the CorssClimate2's are developed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.