Subaru Ascent Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
What sound is it making? And, when? If you're talking about the chirp when shifting between drive and reverse, then, yes, that's normal, and the TR690 has been doing that for over a decade.
No it's a squealing sounds when I accelerate but it doesn't happen consistently. It also jumps/sticks when this happens. It doesn't feel safe at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well...this is interesting. My car was doing the same thing - it is currently scheduled for a full transmission replacement. I've posted on these forums as well. Videos are posted on the Ascent page on Facebook. Feel free to connect with me direct on Facebook.
Did the replacement help?

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
No it's a squealing sounds when I accelerate but it doesn't happen consistently. It also jumps/sticks when this happens. It doesn't feel safe at all.
As soon as they can replicate it, you'll be getting a new transmission and a new harness, which will resolve that issue.

Make sure you bring it in. Try to have a passenger record it for you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I Heard the squealing on my way home from work this evening. Headed right to my dealership and told them I believe I’m experiencing a CVT Chain slip and played the video. 30 minutes later the tech comes back and says “looks like you are getting a new transmission and some front struts.” July 18 Build and only 16k Miles the boss hardly lets me drive it to work.

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
I Heard the squealing on my way home from work this evening. Headed right to my dealership and told them I believe I’m experiencing a CVT Chain slip and played the video. 30 minutes later the tech comes back and says “looks like you are getting a new transmission and some front struts.” July 18 Build and only 16k Miles the boss hardly lets me drive it to work.
Glad they're painlessly taking care of it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes! I didn’t here it on the front but a couple months ago I heard it on my rear shocks and struts and had them replaced

101 - 108 of 108 Posts