Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m use to a new vehicle being whisper silent when it’s running but my 2019 Ascent Touring is not. It doesn’t sound like there is a problem but man, it is NOT as quiet as I would expect. My 2008 WRX and 2006 Tribeca B9 are quieter. Is it just my Ascent or is this the norm for this vehicle?

·
Super Moderator
2,431 Posts
Can u record a video that includes the sound?
To me the Ascent sounds like an a fine running. It’s not the quietest thing but not overly noisy either.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,877 Posts
Mine is darn quiet...

·
Registered
775 Posts
I have found that when you're cruising at steady-state, the car is very quiet. But as soon as you even touch the throttle, the engine is very loud and coarse sounding under any type of acceleration. It's a character of the boxer engine to have a different sound than you might be used to if you came from another brand, but you should be familiar with it if you have other Subarus.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Recently I have noticed a knocking/tapping sound from our Touring model when I first start the engine after the car has been parked for some time. Sound only lasts for a second or so until I assume oil pressure comes up. I didn't notice it during colder weather, so perhaps oil viscosity is a factor. The car will be going if for the 12,000 mile service soon, so it will be interesting to see if an oil change helps. As I plan to keep the car long term, I had an extra oil change done at 3,000 miles, so this is the first time it will have gone 6,000 miles before a change. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing a similar noise?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have noticed that mine is not very quiet. For the first week it was quiet, but then it became rather loud. Plus when accelerating it’s very whiny.

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Boxer motors are not exactly quiet and have their own unique sounds. I never notice this sound when I am in the car, usually with the windows closed (20 second mark) but it shows up on videos from the external cams I run when filming.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts