Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought 2019 Ascent on 12/31/18. One day my engine light came on. Parked the car. Restarted it and it sounded like a roulette wheel. I got it too a fairly safe place and then had to have to towed to the dealership because I was worried Id be stuck in OC traffic on the freeway.
I only have 20K miles on it. Its been in the shop for over a month. They had to order a brand new engine from Japan and have it shipped over. Orange Coast Dealership called me today to say its ready. I am kinda hesitant to even get it back. Prior to that, it drove good. Only issues seem to be the Apple/USB/Wifi connection, (dealer said it was a cable...not), driver aside on and off, etc.

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Bought 2019 Ascent on 12/31/18. One day my engine light came on. Parked the car. Restarted it and it sounded like a roulette wheel. I got it too a fairly safe place and then had to have to towed to the dealership because I was worried Id be stuck in OC traffic on the freeway.
I only have 20K miles on it. Its been in the shop for over a month. They had to order a brand new engine from Japan and have it shipped over. Orange Coast Dealership called me today to say its ready. I am kinda hesitant to even get it back. Prior to that, it drove good. Only issues seem to be the Apple/USB/Wifi connection, (dealer said it was a cable...not), driver aside on and off, etc.
I suspect there's no reason for you to worry. Did they tell you what was wrong? I do know some specific problems are being addressed by an entire component replacement, and that includes even the engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspect there's no reason for you to worry. Did they tell you what was wrong? I do know some specific problems are being addressed by an entire component replacement, and that includes even the engine.
I forgot the exact reason. But will follow up today. What are the issues? Thank you.

·
Registered
232 Posts
"I am kinda hesitant to even get it back." While I am sorry to hear of your troubles and inconvenience. If the engine was the issue, and now it has been replaced by an entirely new engine, then I would have no hesitation whatsoever. Enjoy your Ascent & safe travels :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I suggest getting back in it and using it to get past any potential teething problems with the new install and build your confidence in it.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,263 Posts
I agree with the others...'nothing to worry about here. Needing an engine replacement is also a highly unusual thing...for pretty much any contemporary vehicle. Drive it and enjoy it!

·
Registered
595 Posts

^ That was my thread on SubaruForester.org.

We never had any other issues with that vehicle's powertrain, for the remainder of its lease.

I'd drive and enjoy, ChrisM.. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts