Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any body know how many watt and amp draw for my 2019 Subaru Ascent engine block heater?

And how many watt and amp draw for my Ascent battery warmer?

Thanks

·
Administrator
11,401 Posts
Yes, I know.

Does any body know how many watt and amp draw for my 2019 Subaru Ascent engine block heater?

And how many watt and amp draw for my Ascent battery warmer?

Thanks
Here you go! Part numbers, wattage and installation instructions for each.

2019 Subaru Ascent Battery Warmer - Part Number: J601SVA000 - 80w, @ 125V
Instructions: https://techinfo.subaru.com/stis/doc/accInstallGuide/J601SVA000 19 Ascent Battery Warmer.pdf

Subaru Engine Block Heater - Part Number: A091SXC000 - 400-Watt, @ 125V
Instructions: https://techinfo.subaru.com/stis/doc/accInstallGuide/A091SXC000.PDF

Both are also compatible with numerous other Subarus, for those with other models.

·
Registered
265 Posts
That engine block heater install looks like a complete engine rebuild!

·
Registered
265 Posts
about 25 bolts to be removed, the turbo and it's input/output components. it appears to be less daunting if it's on a lift (at least a mid-rise).
I had one on my WRX and opted for one on my STI as well. I used them on some of the colder days in Chicago and didn't see a rapid rise in engine temp when I got in. I don't have exact numbers but I would say that if it took 3-4 minutes for my engine temp needle to start to move, with the car plugged in over night, it would take about 1 minute shorter in time. So instead of moving in 2 miles distance, it moved around 1.5 miles.

I had considered installing one myself on the Ascent but after seeing what it entails, I'll pass. Thats one of those port installed accessories that are worth it if you only pay cost of the part and not labor.

Not sure if anyone else has an opinion on it.

Reactions: nene503 and Trey T

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered my ascent today and on my price sheet the engine heater and battery warmer will be dealer installed. Am I not able to have these two port installed, saving labor costs?

·
Administrator
11,401 Posts
I ordered my ascent today and on my price sheet the engine heater and battery warmer will be dealer installed. Am I not able to have these two port installed, saving labor costs?
Ask them if they can change it to port install. Some accessories are dealer install only. I don't know what the current list of dealer only installs are though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts