Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ascent, 2012 Outback
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else notice that the engine air filters seem to be out of stock everywhere for our vehicle?

Rock auto is showing out of stock on all of them for me, Amazon does have one brand (ecoguard) in stock limited quantity and long ship times.

Every autozone/ orielys / Walmart within 25 miles of me is also out of stock. I think autozone and orielys both will ship me one reasonably quickly.

I’ll probably just order one from autozone but thought the stock situation was very strange and was curious if anybody else was having issues finsinf

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a brand new 2022 Limited and at 49 miles installed K&N Filter. Mileage went up 2 MPG immediately. Never have to worry about a paper filter again. I have had K&N Filters in all my cars for last 20 years

·
Administrator
12,749 Posts
I have a brand new 2022 Limited and at 49 miles installed K&N Filter. Mileage went up 2 MPG immediately. Never have to worry about a paper filter again. I have had K&N Filters in all my cars for last 20 years
Be aware that (1) your mpg didn't really go up (this has been tested a bazillion times - you have a turbo, and no filter change will change the amount of air your computer chooses to pull through the filter). And, (2) that filter is NOT suited for off-roading (if you don't off-road, and don't drive in dusty conditions, then, no issues).

Ask me how dusty my charcoal filter got, thanks to making the horrible mistake of using one of them when off-roading. K&N, AEM, B&M, doesn't matter. Those filters are not designed to deal with fine particulates experienced in such environments.

Your MPG is improving, because you have a brand new 2022 that's still learning. The air filter has nothing to do with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts