Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 weird issues recently and looking for any advice in addition to taking it in for service.

Last week we came to find tailgate open in our garage and the battery was dead. Have seen a long thread about battery draining with open tailgates with no solution that I saw. Anyone find any solutions? However we also don't know how tailgate actually opened. Anyone have spontaneous tailgate openings? My only guess is that button got pushed in my pocket but that has never happened before.

Second issue happened this am. My wife got into car and infotainment screen was dead. Could not turn on radio or do anything. Backup camera worked. She turned car off and restarted but no change. She then dropped off kids at school and when she got back in it came on again. I fear this one will be hard to troubleshoot at dealer if it is working now. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
240 Posts
No experience with your exact issues.. but I had a situation a few weeks ago where I pulled into my garage during a snowstorm, and when I went back out the next morning, my drivers side window was open. There's no way it was open when I pulled in during a heavy snow. I chalked it up to "maybe" my hand glancing across the window button and auto-lowering it when getting out of the car, but it sure seemed like a stretch to me. I'm on board with your "gremlins" theory.

·
Registered
49 Posts
When I got our new Ascent home in the garage I decided to check the oil. As I was leaning over, I locked and unlocked the doors twice on accident. Granted I had just gotten home from picking the car up and had both keys in the same coat pocket.

The open tailgate is worrisome as it is an open invitation to have things stolen out of the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have had our Ascent just one week and have on two occasions found our rear hatch open. We have attributed it to an inadvertent bump from carrying the fob in our pocket. We are concerned about it happening again and going unnoticed and running the battery down or having someone help themself to out belongings.

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
We have had our Ascent just one week and have on two occasions found our rear hatch open. We have attributed it to an inadvertent bump from carrying the fob in our pocket. We are concerned about it happening again and going unnoticed and running the battery down or having someone help themself to out belongings.
In the last few days since I took my key fob cover off, I've noticed that I keep unlocking the door by accident and not noticing. :sad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts