Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the ECU recall done on my 2019 last year and shortly afterwards and now experiencing the dash light issue that it didn't have before. I know the reprogramming was supposed to stop this. wondering if anyone else had to go back to have the ECU reprogrammed again? I have an appointment next weekend to have it done. With this so called pandemic bs going on I've been dealing with the lights by resetting the ECU, as in disconnecting the battery. I still need to have the fuel pump recall done but now leery about experiencing after the fact issues.

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
Hi, the dash lights lighting up happens when any fault happens, and isn't necessarily an indication that there's an ECU bug. First thing I would do is check your gas cap, and then have the dealer check for any stored codes.

Also, if the fuel pump is acting up because of the neglected pump recall, that may be causing the lights.

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
There are two light combos that are most common, and both light multiple of those warnings, but not every light - there's more lights than what you're likely seeing. Once a system throws an error (even if it's just a loose gas cap, causing a fuel system error), then, your car turns off all assistive systems, which causes the other lights to light up.

So, short answer is "yes, multiple lights come on (no, you probably didn't see them all light up)".

Certain lights only come on for their error, such as R.DIFF TEMP, or SRS airbag system warning light, as two examples.

Here's the full list of warning and indicator lights...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.