Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,161 Posts
Yes, if you're using ACC....there are various settings that change performance of the ACC from "very aggressive" to "very grandma-like", AKA ECO. If you're only using the skinny pedal, there's no ECO mode of any kind other than how you use that pedal.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
Yes, if you're using ACC....there are various settings that change performance of the ACC from "very aggressive" to "very grandma-like", AKA ECO. If you're only using the skinny pedal, there's no ECO mode of any kind other than how you use that pedal.
Yep, that's the only "eco mode" the Ascent has - only when using Adaptive Cruise Control in "eco" mode - or, as I also like to call it "let's start a case of road rage with the person behind me mode". :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, it's a great mode to conserve gas, and amazing on long trips, but I wouldn't use that mode in fast paced traffic. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,161 Posts
Robert, I've left my ACC in that mode since day one. :) Not too many folks have taken pot shots at me to-date. LOL

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
Ok, so when I'm using ACC how do I try the different settings?
Use the menu on the dash. Scroll thru the settings using the arrows on the bottom left of the steering wheel. Its under eyesight>cruise control settings.

Eco has been fine for me too, with a little added skinny pedal periodically.

·
Registered
731 Posts
- or, as I also like to call it "let's start a case of road rage with the person behind me mode". :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, it's a great mode to conserve gas, and amazing on long trips, but I wouldn't use that mode in fast paced traffic. ;)
So true.
I will not use those 2 modes below Standard because of what it does to the people behind me. Nope and nope.
Mileage is pretty good on Standard anyway for me, even flying along @ 80mph +.

I did just find out, you cannot set the ACC higher than 90mph. This caused me to have to get out of the fast lane twice, last trip up the front range. Everybody was rollin’ about 90-93 or so. They don’t mess around between Denver and Ft. Fun. You better be on your game.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
I did just find out, you cannot set the ACC higher than 90mph. This caused me to have to get out of the fast lane twice, last trip up the front range. Everybody was rollin’ about 90-93 or so. They don’t mess around between Denver and Ft. Fun. You better be on your game.
why would you ever need to set it to 90?! kidding...
last summer I drove back and forth thru North Carolina on I-95 on ACC. It was my goal not to use the pedals in NC so in order to pass the slow people in the left lane I'd have to bump it up to 90 just to get by in the small gap in the right lane before it got close enough to the vehicle ahead to slow me down again! I had it on eco at the time just to make it more challenging

·
Registered
731 Posts
I go up through WY frequently, which has been 80mph speed limit on I25 for 5+ years now. Standard mode is the only mode that can “keep up” with the wind up there @ 80mph.
I was hitting points where the 2 modes below Standard couldn’t overcome the insane head-on winds, lol. Thought my rig broke before I realized I had experimented with the different ACC modes.
Bumped it back up to Std and voila..

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
Robert, I've left my ACC in that mode since day one. :) Not too many folks have taken pot shots at me to-date. LOL
LOL, my joking aside, I did a couple tanks using that setting, and, when warranted, I simply handled the acceleration myself and then let the ACC system take back over. Pretty easy to do. If I didn't extensively let the car speed up and slow down on our parkways, so often each day, I'd have left it in Eco mode and just given it gas as needed. I guess I'm lazy, lol!

I got 24 mpg mixed driving, instead of my normal 21 mpg. It was in one of my "I bet I can get EPA ratings" tests.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
What works for me in my 2019 Ascent is driving under 65 mph. Not passing judgment here, but when I go above 65 mph for any extended period of time, my mpg drops from around 25 -28 mpg to under 25 mpg.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.