Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking online for fogs lights to install on my wife's Ascent Premium and found theses,

Does anyone have any experience with them? They are about half of what OEM would cost, that's a significant savings but at the same time I don't know how they would hold up long term.

I know some places sells OEM for about $300'ish..

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,427 Posts
If you end up installing them please update us. For the price I may get these if the quality is there. I’m also curious what bulbs it uses

·
Registered
221 Posts
I thought about it, but for the cost of this kit plus the cost of retrofitting them to LED's you might as well just buy the OEM it from Subaru

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just installed the oem on my wife’s premium. The factory fogs are LED. Now for the non factory kits. I installed a set on my neighbors a week ago took a lot longer because of the wiring difference. But the added differences were the shape of reflector in the light fixture. Believe it or not the body of the light is common. My wife’s previous van and my old explorer had the same fog lamp as the after market kit. Interchangeable bulbs nice fixture. The plastic covers seem to be good copies. The only thing to keep in mind is the fixture is a round assembly but the bumper covers are smaller and more rectangular. So the aftermarket light assembly is largely covered and broadcasts a messed up light beam and acts more like a cornering light than a fog. The factory kit reflector assembly is small and semi rectangular like the bumper covers and it broad cast a very nice 5000k white light, from what looks like 2 super bright chip LEDs properly positioned to maximize the light from the fixture.
Now the aftermarket wiring. It came with a full harness with generic 30amp relay that most fog light kits have with a generic round on of switch with the ability to light up when turned on. Blue in color and bright as hell at night. Annoying really. It took me about an hour to install the aftermarket kit on the neighbors car, I was motivated to do it cause I wanted to do it to the wife’s. But after that install, I grabbed a oem kit for twice the price and spent 15-20 minutes installing and got a much better result. Beer and pizza was involved.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts