Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed our first multi point inspection on a 2019 Ascent Touring @ 5,655 miles. I find it odd that the brake lining measured 9.5 for both front and measured 5.5 for both rear. I am a very conservative driver and don't see how my rear discs are so warn, especially compared to the front and low milage. I haven't towed anything and my heaviest load was probably four cases of water and no I never leave the parking brake on and I live in the flat land. More than half the miles were highway driving as well. Has anyone else found this on their first inspection?
The dealer's help when asked about an update to the maps navigation was "there shouldn't be an update on it yet, (built in November 2018). I had previously downloaded an update on a thumb drive, but was afraid I would screw the current version up and not have any navigation. So I started on the 100 mile return trip from the dealer and stuck the thumb drive in the front top USB and it worked. When it launched it said I would have to keep it on for 60 min, but it wasn't near that long. Not something you can do in your driveway unless you want to idle a long time.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It's been pretty common for newer Subarus to wear the rear pads faster than the front. This may be the case for many newer cars in general(?) I believe brake force is fairly equally distributed F/R, but the rear pads are smaller, thus more wear.

Did you happen to compare left to right? That might give you some clues. The active torque vectoring will apply brake pressure to the inside wheels during turns to aid in handling. So, if you do more left turns than right, I think you can expect more wear on the left side, for example.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been pretty common for newer Subarus to wear the rear pads faster than the front. This may be the case for many newer cars in general(?) I believe brake force is fairly equally distributed F/R, but the rear pads are smaller, thus more wear.

Did you happen to compare left to right? That might give you some clues. The active torque vectoring will apply brake pressure to the inside wheels during turns to aid in handling. So, if you do more left turns than right, I think you can expect more wear on the left side, for example.
Yes. Left and right rear measured the same 5.5mm. So at this rate of wear I can expect to require new rear discs with only 12k on the vehicle?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.