Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
make all alerts & warnings have a dynamic setting that matches set audio level of stereo - at highway speed with a window open, radio up - can't hear ANY of the alerts - even when maxed. Instead of having to go into settings and max the audio level for nav, etc...why not just have it follow the radio volume level, but not exceed..etc.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
All of the Eyesight audible alerts that sound at highway speeds also have visual alerts in the HUD unless you have them disabled.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I know. If the audio will mute to inaudible when there is an alert or a nav message, why can't the mute be filled with information?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
To my knowledge, Eyesight alerts don't cause the audio to mute like Nav alerts do.

I personally don't want R2D2 as my copilot and have Eyesight alerts set to the minimum volume level or disabled in the case of the lead vehicle acquisition beep.

You must live some place that is warm if you're still driving with the windows down ?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They beep, but at highway speeds - and max volume setting, the eyesight beep is drowned out by windows open noise and the radio.

Every other vehicle i've driven in that had this type of system would dynamically adjust volumes to incorporate vehicle speed (speed sensitive radio, etc), infotainment volume setting so that important information is audible. With the windows open on the highway, and the radio up...the only indication the nav is giving you directions (if I have the upper display on the faux-instrument panel) is that the radio mutes all the way for the duration of the announcement, and then comes back to my level when its done - can't hear what it says. I can manually max it out, but then it blows me out of the water when it doesn't need to.

I'm above 45 deg. latitude - so windows are open any time its over 40 deg. :)

·
Administrator
10,955 Posts
To my knowledge, Eyesight alerts don't cause the audio to mute like Nav alerts do.
you know, now that you mention it...I don't think they do, I'll have to check. :eek:
Sadly, it doesn't.

Though, in thinking about it, I'd rather have them auto increase and auto decrease volume to suit road speed and/or stereo volume.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
They beep, but at highway speeds - and max volume setting, the eyesight beep is drowned out by windows open noise and the radio.
It seems like it will be tough to get acceptable volume levels in your situation.

Do you know about the shortcut to the Sounds menu?

Press and hold the radio tuning knob and it jumps right too the page where you can adjust all of the head unit volume levels, so you can raise and lower the nav voice level pretty quickly.

Maybe this will help a little.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts