I was able to test drive a limited trim today. Given the extreme popularity of the vehicle, my time was very limited, but I was able to get some impressions that require some hands on stuff. Also know that my 'reference point' is a 2006 Outback Limited.
- The sunroof cover is fabric, but insulative and thicker than that might suggest. Sunroof glass also seemed to quite nicely block the heat of the sun, but more experience would be needed to verify how well that works. Overall? Awesome.
- Good lord does this have some acceleration. The get up and go was, frankly, more like what I would expect of a sports car.
- The 'fake shifting' in the CVT is present, but it is extremely subtle. It was surprisingly welcome.
- The braking was obnoxiously responsive. While I very much liked this, it will also very much take some adjustment on my end. Again reinforces the strong feeling of driving a small sporty car.
- The variety of sensor notifications, while it will take some training on my part, were all nicely setup as 'subtle indicators' allowing quite nicely for new channels of information rather than distractions. Very nice.
- The automatic rear hatch moves *fast* opening and closing. None of this snail pace nonsense there.
- The cabin is library level quiet. High end luxury car quiet. I love it. I love it so much. :grin:
- I continue to fall more in love with this vehicle, unable to find anything to fault. Those responsible in its design on all levels have impressed the bajeebers out of me. Well done, Subaru.