Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a recent business trip I rented and drove my first Subaru, a Legacy. Although being a rental car it was basic, lacking refinement and amenities, I was impressed with the driving experience. The steering was tight and responsive. The car felt planted on the road. I enjoyed driving it.

As I have written elsewhere on this forum, I plan to buy a new vehicle in December or January. Based on my online research, I have narrowed my options to the 2020 Outback and the 2020 Highlander. After Consumer Report’s high ranking of the Ascent, I originally was considering the Ascent but the many reported problems across a range of issues (sunroofs, struts, transmissions, smoking engines, etc.) have scared me away from the Ascent. It is still a little early but I’m not seeing nearly as many issues being reported on the Outback forums.

I’m looking forward to a thorough test drive of the Outback. :)

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Don't forget to join the Outback forums:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The Outback and Ascent are great cars. You may also want to look at the Forrester. I went with the one that fit my needs the best. My first need is for me to fit, I am a bit big and tall. I could "fit" in the Forester but would not have been comfy on a long trip but it would have better gas mileage. The Highlander was a non-start because I really had to squeeze my legs under the steering wheel to get in. Thankfully my wife told me to get the bigger Subaru. We are each have unique needs and it is always a personal choice as to which car fits them the best. Good Luck!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Outback and Ascent are great cars. You may also want to look at the Forrester. I went with the one that fit my needs the best. My first need is for me to fit, I am a bit big and tall. I could "fit" in the Forester but would not have been comfy on a long trip but it would have better gas mileage. The Highlander was a non-start because I really had to squeeze my legs under the steering wheel to get in. Thankfully my wife told me to get the bigger Subaru. We are each have unique needs and it is always a personal choice as to which car fits them the best. Good Luck!
Yes, I may will take the Forrester for a test drive. However, I’d rather hate to “downgrade” to the smaller screen in the Forrester compared to what will be in the Highlander and is currently in the new Outback. I am not tall so I have more flexibility in terms of feeling comfortable in my vehicles. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't forget to join the Outback forums:
I have. :) And, I have been monitoring the discussions. I know it is still a bit early in comparison to the Ascent but thus far there are far fewer issues being reported on the Outback forum

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.